Menu
Davdt
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband WiFi rubbish again

Normally between 150 -200 in the room with the WiFi box or the adjacent room down to 25 - 80 again. Gets fixed by techs then back to this again after a couple of months. Plus with the price going up don’t think this is satisfactory . Appreciate this is not a wired connection but when it has been previously great speeds WiFi then with no changes at home should be better. 

0 Kudos
sophist
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband WiFi rubbish again

@Davdt wrote:

Normally between 150 -200 in the room with the WiFi box or the adjacent room down to 25 - 80 again. Gets fixed by techs then back to this again after a couple of months. Plus with the price going up don’t think this is satisfactory . Appreciate this is not a wired connection but when it has been previously great speeds WiFi then with no changes at home should be better. 

Many people have accepted that the hub WiFi performance is poor and have bought their own wireless router to provide superior coverage.  If this isn’t an option you believe you should have to consider then seek an alternative broadband supplier that provides equipment that works better for you. 

VM will do nothing about WiFi signal. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Davdt wrote:

How do should it be better? Unless you can see every radio frequency in a 100 foot radius there’s no way of defining what should be “better”. 

Regarding the price rise, as you don’t pay for Wifi it has no affect on it. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Davdt
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I get your point maybe incorrectly worded  as feel it’s likely broadband speeds but I definitely need to check the wired speeds 

0 Kudos