Menu
Jonntlworld
Tuning in
Message 21 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brighton BN2 intermittent connection

I'm not sure what we could plug in with a cable, as all of our laptops are elsewhere in the house away from the hub. The Hub is right by the TV which is plugged in by a cable (obviously), and the TV also has an Amazon Prime firestick which I think will make use of WiFi but the signal drops do not appear to correspond with when the TV or firestick is switched on and/or in use.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us, has the Wi-Fi service been stable since your most recent post?

Going off what you posted in regards to a Zoom call on the laptop, on Friday night, where did this happen in relation to the hub?

Do you experience drops on the laptops via Wi-Fi when in the same room as the hub? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Jonntlworld
Tuning in
Message 23 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I am still getting drop outs, even after Virginmedia had done work on the WiFi signal in this area last Thursday, although they seem less frequent at present. 

I do not understand the broadband monitor however. It notes an absence of broadband on Thursday (29/4/21) morning when work was being one on the WiFi but I am pretty sure it wasn't switched back on until well after lunch. There is also a big drop out overnight on the 26/27th April which is a mystery, but none of the other minor interruptions and breaks in service seem to register, although they have been many 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/view/28eb3d76580ae689ba633dd802fa4769dea... 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonntlworld, 

thanks for your reply sorry your still having issues, the link you have provided is to the BQM site and not your graph, if you have the link to your live graph can you please post, 

I have checked your account from our side and it all seems fine

Zoie

0 Kudos
Jonntlworld
Tuning in
Message 25 of 26
Flag for a moderator

my  personal live chart should be here thanks 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c7ccbd550ce634d6cc70752a88c501ab3170393c

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, 

I have checked an it all looks okay

Zoie

0 Kudos