cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beig told lies repeatedly

RobHill
Tuning in

I posted this on Twitter and was told to put on this community board where someone would be able to sort this out.

Why am I being repeatedly lied to? 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Latest is I was told a new hub would be sent to me, booked for me to receive on 24th 'but may take until 29th'. Of course, now 30th and NOTHING. AGAIN. Will someone sort out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RobHill
Tuning in

This is for a replacement hub as my current one is permanently showing a constant red light and no amount of resets etc. will alter that fact. Everything however all works well on my broadband.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

RobHill
Tuning in

This is for a replacement hub as my current one is permanently showing a constant red light and no amount of resets etc. will alter that fact. Everything however all works well on my broadband.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I think VM are not sending Hubs out by post at the moment due to stock shortages and require them to be installed by a Tech This is to see if the old one is fixable at the visit.

If it does arrive then I am mistaken.

Try calling again as a fault on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer. Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App (the number is 0730 532 71120 - but no guarantee)

FINALLY… A VM person will pick this up on here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your response. Nothing against you, but it has told me nothing I do not know. It was just to see if Virgin fulfilled one of their latest responses to me. Via yet another phone call to them today I since have been given another date for delivery of a Hub 5 for this Saturday.  I wait with bated breath.

I will wait and see if anyone from Virgin actually responds on here.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
They will in a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Not good enough. Anyway, eventually got it all resolved on the phone again with a great guy in Virgin Media whose name is Arjum

Not only am I having a new hub 5 delivered TODAY (confirmed by Yodel)  He has also managed to sort out my package - the same as I have but £18 cheaper than I am currently paying.

He also emailed me and texted me conformation details of all we dad discussed and agree immediately after our call. A first for Virgin Customer services

This guy deserves praise, a rise and promotion - he should also be training other customer service reps how to do it properly

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Excellent! Can you post back after you have set it up and confirm there is no red light.

Just interested as VM do send out used/refurbished Hubs when new ones are in short supply - cheers

--------------------
John
--------------------

It is not a refurbished hub   It is a brand-new Hub 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Excellent - you clearly found the right guy 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------