Menu
Pennant
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: BQM graph

Thanks Legacy1

The last BT WholeHome in the link is hard wired to the Hub3 because it is in a new built overly insulated (my opinion) part of an extension loft conversion. however it has worked perfectly fine with two 'gamers' in the loft up to last weekend,  the BT WholeHome No4 struggled until I hardwired it 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Don't buy any new kit yet.  The BQM link you posted showed problems, those problems are essentially between the hub's router looking outwards to the VM network and BQM test servers.  Other than bouncing back the ICMP test packets, the router's doing nothing, so it It is singularly unlikely that the faults visible have anything to do with the Hub 3's router, and 99%+ certainty that it's something on your cable broadband connection.  If you're getting wireless problems, those are over and above a poor broadband connection.

From stats you posted earlier, the hub's view of power and noise levels is all OK (though downstream power is a touch on the high side, but within tolerance), but the network log shows a series of broadband connection faults - losing synch, losing channels, and timeouts, all of which would explain the BQM.  Would I be correct that you're getting dropouts that affect gaming, video or voice calls and possibly streaming? 

Suggest you post a link to a shared, live graph so we can see what's happening now, unless the problem has resolved and the BQM is now "clean".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Pennant
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9e5df55549553c82fd597909723685f6ef961350

Many thanks again Andruser, 

Problems are still ongoing, and as you say dropouts are mostly prevalent while streaming, radio etc although generally all is sporadically very slow and painfully sluggish, even facebook etc  The graph looks like IP has changed but as far as I can tell it hasn't.

Called VM again today automated messaging/equipment test require reset, which I will do as soon as I can squeeze between home school sessions.

ps which live graph is the best to use?

Thanks

Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 10.42.52.png

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

"Text link" is fine.  I wouldn't bother phoning VM again, but with a clear BQM showing continued problems and that network log the forum staff should be able to get a technician sent out, or advise if it is down to an area fault with a known fix date.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Pennant
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I have literally just got off the phone with VM, and with your help I was able to read your diagnosis to which an engineer will come out in the morning.

Thank you very much, it very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

BQM red bars show hub is not responding reliably to ICMP test packets (a known bug, of itself not a problem), but with the initial graphic, and what I can see now, plus the network log I've flagged that for the forum staff to advise.  They're very busy at the moment, so response times vary from almost instant to about a working day.  Still better to wait than risk the often disappointing telephone "support".

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ah..a crossover of replies.  Evidently I was wrong about the telephone support, and you're getting a quick response which is excellent news.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pennant,

Thanks for posting, and I'm sorry to see you've been having some issues with the connection.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see that an engineer is required. 

You can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Pennant
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex_RM,

Engineer was booked between 8am and 12 today, nothing yet though!

I am unable to see where the appointments are from the account link you gave, could you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I've popped you over a private message to advise Pennant, as this should show when you sign in 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos