cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BN3 7N? Updates Mon 13th (assume 1GBps upgrade) placeholder

horseman
Alessandro Volta

VM email advisement of local (Hove) upgrade after weekend with typically no further usefull detail offered so I’m assuming it’s part of 1GBps rollout?

I monitor several Hub3’s on same cable segment (7060 ?) so this is a placeholder in case It goes “pear shaped”:

45AD2254-8277-4065-A04D-8E6C852E3D07.png5ADEABB7-BAA8-457C-A56B-A3CD4334A81D.png

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/554536fa212e1a842d8fcd954fe0c404c7... 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e523ab5975e7a037c54fa2651bb9292455...

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED
137 REPLIES 137

@Sephiroth wrote:
@Horsey

Do please try the one liner reply to the FT this time, Horsey! Here’;s your chance.

Tell them that the Connect App is broken as it incorrectly reports latency (+ anything else it incorrectly reports). In English or Latin, as long as it is really succinct and clear. Indeed, Latin is one of the most succinct forms of expression.

Ex animo tamquam deo.

Common Dave you know I can’t do that!  It’ll confuse @John_GS  even more if I give him a link to   https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/VM-Connect-App-on-IOS-has-recorded-excessiv...

He’ll understandably think we’re wasting his time and no doubt suggest I’m duplicating same symptoms across multiple threads in non compliance of Forum T&C’s! Of course we know different - as the symptom was raised in a another thread to cover a separate symptom that may or not be related to resource constraints with Hub3? 
The failure of FT to re-engage directly with me of course on this thread is just coincidental and not related to any managerial “gall award”!  <lmao> 😛

Meanwhile I’m wondering how ‘Adam Ant actually passed his 11PLUS  let alone became a “prefect” in St Montgomery's Grammar before it closed in 1981?

“Sincere in heart, as in God” perhaps …… but good example for an unfortunate bi-polar sufferer….

Now I’m struggling with some Socratic argument on another thread…  😛

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@John_GS wrote:

Hi horseman

Thanks for getting in touch. 

What issues with the Connect App are you having please? 

Were you having service issues at the time of the website reporting issues?

Best,

Thank you for the reply John but I’m not sure where (or on what thread) I should reply to progress a technical response? You see, a few of us (Ex Community Ambassadors, Super Users, Variably Intolerant Posters) have been :banned for apparently posting inapproriately with wrong content in wrong Forum location?

Since I didn’t eventually receive a direct personal VM/FT response on this thread it was suggested by more helpful community members that I raise individual symptoms on separate thread(s)instead. I have subsequently posted a hyperlink to my new thread here along with my concerns of inadvertently compromisung Forum T&C’s.  If necessary in order not to compromise your own or my reply I suggest you/I/we escalate to @Kei_M to provide a more authorative clarification?

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

While @John_GS checks back with his management as to whether he can can locate my other IOS thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/VM-Connect-App-on-IOS-has-recorded-excessiv...

and merge it or even answer it here, then I can confirm that SK speeds and other diags all still display Hub3 & WiFi correctly with typical >250Mbps/25Mbps and <28ms latency/jitter(except on VM Connect ).

However clearly VM Networks are still continuing upgrades on 9thFeb: 

692FC49E-D24E-4EEB-B0DD-0A51B642290A.png

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

VM Upgrade midnight for 15min:

VM upgrade midnightVM upgrade midnight

Remote reboot just after 8am. I don’t perform manual POR from mains socket as I have to also reboot when I’m at beach-hut so I have to confirm any “upgrade” from VM hasn’t “shafted” Hub3. I also can’t do a FR currently as the firmware is via NMS (push) not normal “config”(pull).

Live snapshot:

My Broadband Ping - BLKSH310-200/20-BN37N*

So far no improvement nor degradation!

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

@horseman wrote:

VM Upgrade midnight for 15min:

VM upgrade midnightVM upgrade midnight

Remote reboot just after 8am. I don’t perform manual POR from mains socket as I have to also reboot when I’m at beach-hut so I have to confirm any “upgrade” from VM hasn’t “shafted” Hub3. I also can’t do a FR currently as the firmware is via NMS (push) not normal “config”(pull).

Live snapshot:

My Broadband Ping - BLKSH310-200/20-BN37N*

So far no improvement nor degradation!

This is main thread which I tried to simplify by raising separate (simplified) thread to hopefully encourage VM/FT response:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/VM-Connect-App-on-IOS-has-recorded-excessiv...

This failed resulting in me personally raising my first Complaint in over 25years!(see the above link).

Since VM/FT are (consequently) now ignoring this “primary” thread then eventually I will raise a separate complaint on this as well….. but to be fair there are multiple symptoms/issues I will also raise in individual threads in meantime and also provide diagnostics and again if ignored(within those sub threads) raise relevant complaints and provide links.

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Hi there @horseman

Thank you so much for your update and we are so sorry to hear that this has happened. 

I can see that we have advised on another thread that our teams are looking into this and will reach out as soon as they have an update. 

Thank you

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

Hi there @horseman.……Thank you so much for your update and we are so sorry to hear that this has happened. 
I can see that we have advised on another thread that our teams are looking into this and will reach out as soon as they have an update. ….

Only after raising a complaint on the other thread did @Adri_G “engage consistently via PM”!  and progressed/resolved issues left by Retentions & time wasting from other multiple FT agents.

Had the same exemplary diagnostic technique been offered to start with then a “formal complaint” would not have been necessary on my part!

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

While Adri continues with VMC issues on the other thread then let’s try to add two further technical observations below and see if the remainder of the forum team have learnt how to:

• Own the problem & share info to avoid further time wasting AND
  • Invite user to PM to send diagnostics (unless FT has changed the previous 13year rule that disallows this without AN EXPLICIT INVITE?) Thus reducing user time wasting having to “sanitise” post to comply with forum t&c’s!
  1. At 6pm on Sat29th Apr we experienced 3 consecutive BB outages(that caused Hub to recycle) which didn’t appear to effect any other mains electrical device EXCEPT my house alarm which has it’s own battery backup. My other servers/routers are on separate UPS. I had to toggle upstairs CB to reset each time- clearly a line surge on VMC HFC cable?
  2. VM had kindly advised by email that they were “upgrading network” on Wed 3rd May but as usual mentioned no actual detail.

Any comment from Network logs your end for item 1 date time for my cable segment (7060?) BN3 7N*? or is this another NOT INVENTED HERE avoidance?

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED