Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Atrocious Wi-Fi for past few weeks

Hi John, yes please may I replace the Hub 2?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've just ordered the hub 3 via the free upgrade, and will have to wait till Monday to see the outcome. 

Still not sure why my WiFi has deteriorated so badly the past few weeks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Navz

How easy did you find ordering the 'free' upgrade??

I tried for 9 hours yesterday ... had to give my account / security details 5 times during the day ...and although my account says I was entitled to the free upgrade from hub2 to hub3, on 5 occasions, I was asked to pay £35 + £5 delivery for the 'free' hub.

Were you able to order on line or did you have to call? 

Just wondering if others are having the same difficulty as myself... to the point where I have had to now order BT because Wifi is unusable

Thanks

JC

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi JCW, I ordered the free Hub 3 upgrade from the link provided in this topic. I had different options available but went for the £5.00 delivery option.

The link worked fine but did this on my computer which is plugged directly into the wall.

Not sure if that helps? The link loaded fine but took a minute.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Just to add I did have to re-set my password and it worked after.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@JCWigan wrote:

Hi Navz

How easy did you find ordering the 'free' upgrade??

I tried for 9 hours yesterday ... had to give my account / security details 5 times during the day ...and although my account says I was entitled to the free upgrade from hub2 to hub3, on 5 occasions, I was asked to pay £35 + £5 delivery for the 'free' hub.

Were you able to order on line or did you have to call? 

Just wondering if others are having the same difficulty as myself... to the point where I have had to now order BT because Wifi is unusable

Thanks

JC

You have posted the same moan 4 times now.  I replied 3 times giving you reasons and the VM mods have offered you the free Hub3 upgrade - take it or move on to BT and good luck there.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/quot-Free-quot-Hub-Upgrade/m-p/4139151

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, just an update on this, the hub 3 is absolutely amazing! I'm getting strong and fast WiFi even in places where the signal was low and download speeds are amazing!

I've downloaded a 3GB update in 10 minutes which would have taken me a whole day on the hub 2. I defo had a defective hub previously.

I think Virgin Media should advertise the free upgrade more or give the option to upgrade the hub to a newer one whenever they update them, even if there's a price I would still like that option rather than waiting for something to happen etc.

Just my thoughts!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You sir, (or madam!) are a rare beast indeed on here !
A satisfied Hub3 user 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos