Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Appalling customer service, our internet and WiFi keep failing

Sorry for the long post but this is a looooong story that's not being resolved due to VM phone customer support being absolutely attrocious.

We have been with VM for several years and never had problems.

6 months ago we got new neighbours who signed up to VM. 

Now, without anyone telling us, or asking our permission, a VM engineer came onto our property and hooked up their outside box to our one, with just literally a loose cable dangling from our box, over the fence, and connected to theirs. Let me repeat, we were never told or asked. So we're sharing our connection. 

Our neighbours were told this was temporary as the engineer couldn't do it properly and it would be sorted in a week or so.

6 months later, many phone calls, several engineers, and. It's. Still. There.

So, ever since then, our internet cuts out regularly. Or the WiFi does. Or both.

Right now the hub is stuck rebooting constantly ending up with green WiFi and green data and green led then it seems to start again. I've checked, no issues in the area. I've done the online status check.... No problems. Can't do it again because for no rhyme or reason they only let you do it 3 times in 24 hours.

We've spoken to customer service, and all they do is insist on going through the script of trying to reboot it ect ect, none of them every understand what we are saying about the cable outside. We've been told there's nothing we can do, only our neighbours can fix it, we've been told there can be an engineer sent out, but for £90 fee, we've been told engineers are arranged to come out.... Who never turn up.

We're sick of it.

We've had maybe 4 engineers apparently scheduled over the period to come out, only one turned up, who said 'yeah that's not right, I can't fix it though'. He gave us a form saying a new engineer would be with us in 7 working days. That was over a month ago and nothing happened.

What do we do now? Literally having to resort to complaining on a forum because there's nothing else we can do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling customer service, our internet and WiFi keep failing

your not sharing your connection.

you should get them to call and book a engineer. Tell them you will be disconencting it in a week so they need to get a repull booked

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The single engineer who came out and said 'that's not right' said that yes, we are sharing the connection to our house and would cause connection issues.

We've tried booking in engineers. As explained above, either customer service refuse to send one saying it's our neighbours who need to book, or they do say they are sending one and they never turn up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'd advise you to raise a complaint case via the online form - which will be replied to usually within 28 days.

Doing it this way you end up with a named contact who will see the issue through, they also are better at not just following scripts etc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Didn't realise there was an online form for that, I'll take a look thanks.

Funnily enough, one of the customer support staff one time we phoned up apparently, 'logged a complaint for us' and told us someone would be in contact to discuss the complaint.

Didn't happen!

It's like up say I'm making this all up as it almost seems comical at this stage but unfortunately their phone support is just really really bad. If your issue doesn't match the script/options they have in front of them it's near impossible to get anywhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Iain1986

Sorry to read the above 

Were you able to Raise another complaint via the online form 

If not let me know as I would like to get everything sorted for you 

Gareth_L