cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone an expert on Netflix, wifi, vpn problems?

gingerannie46
Tuning in

So, tried to watch 'You' using my tv connected to my hub 3 broadband and I got a message telling me I'm using a proxy or unblocker. I'm not.

Been passed from Netflix to Virgin media so many times nobody really knows what has happened all I know is I am getting another regions Netflix when I watch Netflix on any device in my home via my broadband.

If I watch Netflix using my mobile data I get the UK region and the show 'You' shows up.

Fed up being passed around and someone from Virgin on Twitter told me to ask on here.

I've tried logging in and out of Netflix. I've tried turning the hub and my tv boxes on and off. Nothing is working.

22 REPLIES 22

Oh no that's so weird that you said that as I've just checked and my Netflix has gone back to being out of my region. What is going on?

Hi @gingerannie46,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your Netflix! 

Is this issue present on all devices, or just some?

How is your connection looking since your last post? Have there been any changes? Have you been in touch with Netflix to see if this is a known issue on their end? 

Please let us know. Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your message it reminded me to check and it seems like it's back to normal again. I seriously have no clue why this happened. A few people on social media have had the same problem so I don't know if it's a general problem or what but it seems OK now but for how long, I have no idea.

It is on all the devices myself and my family watch Netflix on which is my phone, my sons phone, computer, and TV.

Weirdly it was fine using my mobile phone data to watch Netflix but that's not something I'd want to do as I'd use up all my data plus I prefer watching TV on an actual TV.

I'm also not a huge Netflix watcher but it just so happens this one show I wanted to watch was being blocked as well as a few others.

Very strange.

Thanks for coming back to us @gingerannie46.

I'm glad that the issue has now been resolved, I have never seen such an issue with Netflix.

If you get the issue again, please try doing a pin hole reset of your hub, hopefully that will stop this happening again.

Regards,

Steven_L

Does a pinhole reset wipe everything saved on my TV box do you know?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @gingerannie46 

It doesn't affect your set top box, it's just resets your hub

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

im having this issue and its really doing in my head - can some one please help!

Hi. I contacted both Netflix and Virgin who both initially said it was the others problem. Eventually they looked into it and within a few days/a week, it was OK.

Then it happened again, same thing, few days week later, all OK.

Still no clue what happened.

Same here. My set up looks like this:

virgin hub 3 on modem mode.

Netgear orbi mesh on router mode.

devices wireless off the Netgear orbi.

if I use mobile data I can see UK Region. If I use internet it believes I’m using a VPN so only allows me to see globally available content.

ive checked all my IP addresses and they all state I’m in the UK.

This is absolutely a configuration issue that virgin need to clarify.

Hello dacs81

Sorry to hear of the Netflix issues you're experiencing, we appreciate you taking the time to post on the thread and forum.

It's been a few days since your post so we're just checking in to see if this is still happening? 

Rob