cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And again

jasineil2010
On our wavelength

This is getting F***ing ridiculous. At least 3 to 4 times a moths during the last two years. 

Screenshot_20230221-185527_Chrome.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

@jasineil2010 wrote:

Can you tell me. What part of the Hub / cable / and plug is the customers? 

Anything that isn't the Hub / cable / and plug provided by VM.

So what part of the "customers equipment" are we talking about then. ????

@jasineil2010 wrote:

So what part of the "customers equipment" are we talking about then. ????

Customer's equipment includes ethernet cables, telephone cables, computer equipment, telephones, TV cables etc.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for all the posts and replies, jasineil2010.

Sorry to see the confusion and your frustration about this, we appreciate it can be a pain when drop outs happen often.

Please, allow us to explain by customer's equipment we refer to any 3rd party equipment you're using at home to connect including your devices, cables, adaptors and any 3rd party boosters and/or routers.

Based on the above, please have a think and let us know if you wish us to arrange a technician visit, we'll be glad to help out.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am using 1 ethernet cable that was sent by Virgin Media. I have 1 power cord from my TV to the plug. These are all of the 3rd party cables i have. 

Thank you for confirming this @jasineil2010 

I have double checked the systems at our side and cannot see any service or area concerns that would be affecting your services and your router is within great power level range and spec. 

The only recommendation at our side is that one of your pods is not in a very well placed position as it is receiving poor signal strength which in turn will not help your WiFi connected devices in that area. You can have a play with repositioning the pods to try and get the most out of your in home set up. 

We recommend placing the pods in a good signal area so that they can boost this signal further rather than being placed in the area with little to no signal strength. Make sure they are also in a well ventilated area, in a mains socket and away from other devices are smart plugs. You can use the connect app to find strong areas for the pods to be placed. 

There is only a charge to visits if you have requested to relocate or rewire our equipment for decorative purposes or if the technician finds that the fault is caused by the customer or their own equipment. For example, if they had a 3rd party router or equipment like splitters or isolators that they have installed themselves or if they have damaged the internal/external cabling accidently. 

You can also be charge for requested appointments if the ethernet cable used is damaged/twisted or if the ethernet or device(s) are not capable of the speeds the customer is complaining they aren't receiving. 

If you request a visit and a fault is found which is caused by Virgin Media's own equipment and not caused by the customer or customers equipment, then the charge is waivered. 

I recommend trying the steps provided above with repositioning your pods to see if you can better the signal strength further away from the router. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley