cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Hub 3 not responding to speed and tests from Virgin Media

Jezza31
On our wavelength

I have a feeling I may know the answer which may be that the Hub 3 has had it but feedback would still be useful.

Neither the Speed tester or the Test the Hub options on the VM web site will work both failing. Testing the broadband speed using a third party tool shows both upload and download below 20mb per sec despite the fact that I'm on the 350 package.

Tried to access the Hub to make sure settings are OK in there and couldn't, tried the hard reset button on the back and still won't give me access advising the password is incorrect. All cables firmly affixed, tried powering down whilst I made coffee and still no improvement.

Thoughts any one?

Regards Jeremy Instone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Jezza31, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the broadband.
Are you able to run a BQM check here and share the results?
Let us know and we can go on from there.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Jezza31, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the broadband.
Are you able to run a BQM check here and share the results?
Let us know and we can go on from there.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jezza31
On our wavelength

Thanks for the advice - I did do one idiot thing and that was trying to access the Hub I was trying to use the Wi-Fi password. Having accessed the Hub all settings look OK. I used the ThinkBroadband and BroadbandspeedcheckerUK service this morning. I will try out some of the ThinkBroadband improve your broadband connection. Immediately after the Virgin representative tested my broadband and advised I was getting some 380 Mb/s I tested and it did achieve over 170 Mb/s but within an hour was back below 30 Mb/s. 

Results below. 

ThinkBroadband

Jezza31_0-1663581935897.png

BroadbandspeedcheckerUK

Jezza31_1-1663581990964.png

As advised I have a Cat 6 ethernet cable running directly from the back of the Hub 3 to a Gig ethernet card in the local computer. Cable is about a 4 foot run and I have tried changing cables. VM package is the M350 Broadband.

Be very grateful for any thoughts - Regards Jeremy

Jezza31
On our wavelength

As aside I have eventually managed to run the VM Speed Checker and it is not materially different from the other two independent checkers.

Jezza31_0-1663671797013.png

Hey Jezza31, thank you for reaching back out.

Okay so I have run some tests and I can see no issues everything is as it should be and the levels are in prefect condition.

Please can you post the BQM link you set up so I can take a look at it. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?