cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Engineers and a 3 Week Internet Issue.

odellykins
Tuning in

Internet drops out every so often. it might be 5 minutes apart or even an hour. it will drop completely then come straight back after 30 seconds, 1 minute, 4 minutes. it varies everytime. i do streaming via twitch and it is even worse when i am streaming BUT it does it still even when i am not streaming. i use wired for my 2 PCs and everything else like phones ect are wireless but they also are affected. 

it has been about 2/3 weeks. 1 engineer has been and checked inside the property and even changed a few cables but nothing changed. then today an engineer has been and changed my line at the cabinet (so he says) and says he found a fault but it was fixed. alas still having the same issues. i have called virgin a few times. originally i was told it was an area issue and then i got a text saying it was fixed 2 days later (this was on Thursday the 5th) 

since then it shows no faults on the website / area check. when i called customer services they said it was a area fault which is being MONITORED.....and said they need ANOTHER WEEK. i fail to see how the fault can be that big of a problem that it doesn't even show a notice on the website / area check and that i haven't been told about it by the engineers who have come and done tests ect. 

i had a similar issue a month ago and it was fixed after a low signal came from the cabinet which the engineer fixed but this time it seems to be slightly worse. 

i just want to know what the fault is, why it is happening and when it will be fixed and why it has taken 2 weeks to fix it....i pay for a service which assists me with my job and i am failing to be able to do that right now. it is becoming a joke, especially when no one can give me the details. 

please can someone assist me with something else il just have to book another engineer which will probably be a waste of time.

(was sent here via twitter after posting a tweet.)

and YES i have restarted the router, i have reset the router, i have plugged everything in and out, i have tried various cables (cat-5 and cat-7)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Eight weeks yes, unless you can convince VM to issue a ‘deadlock letter’ (which, realistically they won’t do). Make sure that you keep records of ALL your dealings with VM, times, outcomes, what you were told etc.),if it does end up at CISAS these will be excellent ammunition for you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi odellykins,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really disappointed to hear that you're still experiencing issues even after we have had a technician attend.

Remotely looking from our end, we can see there has been quite a few faults appointments boked already since May of this year. We can see another appointment has been made for another visit shortly.

Due to this, and given the issues are not being resolved, I would like to bring you in for a private chat. I will also email our area field manager to see if he can shed any light on what we can do to resolve this fault.

I will pop you over a private message, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi odellykins,

Just a quick note to say I have emailed the area field manager for you. I have placed a note on your account and a copy of  the email I have sent.

As soon as I have any response I will post back to you. It will not be this evening due to the time. As our area field managers are not office based it may take a short while for a reply.

I do appreciate your patience with this and will come back when I have more information for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

odellykins
Tuning in

Still not fixed. 

Things are getting ridiculous now 🙂 

no results, no outcome, no information. 

nothing.

@odellykins wrote:

Still not fixed. 

Things are getting ridiculous now 🙂 

no results, no outcome, no information. 

nothing.

No Area Field Manager as well by the looks of things - I have often wondered if they actually exist! 

What you need to do is call up and insist on lodging a formal complaint, at the same time start looking around for alternative suppliers. What you also need to bear in mind is that the offshore customer service people routinely lie to get you off the phone and clock up another closed call - nobody is or has been ‘monitoring your connection’ or the supposed area fault.

Are you still in your minimum contact term or are you free to leave without any penalty? If the latter then, I’d suggest you simply leave, if the former, then you’ll probably have to go through the procedure of escalating this to the regulator (CISAS) which might take a bit of time but the chances are quite high that they will come down on your side.

apparently AFM was made aware last week but no help. 

and i have looked at other providers but i can't afford to make the switch due to speed difference and my job ect. 

i made a complaint today and it was already closed saying my issue was resolved! 🤡

i have a 4th engineer now booked for tomorrow.....SO we will see. 

i spoke to CISAS but it has to be 8 weeks minimum. i will take that route if we get there though

Eight weeks yes, unless you can convince VM to issue a ‘deadlock letter’ (which, realistically they won’t do). Make sure that you keep records of ALL your dealings with VM, times, outcomes, what you were told etc.),if it does end up at CISAS these will be excellent ammunition for you.

will do, appreciate it 🙂