Menu
Bluey0121
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

2.4 GHZ problem now I'm access denied

I've have had the Hub 4 for about 2 weeks now and I've had a lot of problems with devices on the 2.4 GHZ channel so today I decided to try and disable the 5G and see how it goes using just 2.4GHZ but then I could not get on my phone as it just kept saying access denied for so I'm stumped now.

Something is obviously wrong but getting hold of anyone at virgin is impossible 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4 GHZ problem now I'm access denied

If you re-enable the 5GHz network what happens?

I am not sure how the Hub4 works - never seen one - so someone else needs to comment - but the standard advice for the Hub3 is to switch off channel optimisation/smart wifi and rename the SSID's of the two bands to separate them out. Dunno if you can do that on the Hub4.

Alternatively - put it into modem mode and use your own better quality equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Bluey0121
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2.4 GHZ problem now I'm access denied

I've managed to turn the 5G back on by logging into the hub on another device as my phone would not connect and now I have I'm back onto to phone but yet to see what happens when I go into a area of the house not covered by 5G.

I'll try to get in touch with Virgin again but if I get no luck them  be worth cutting my losses and getting a decent modem.

0 Kudos