Menu
SH17
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

1gig hub 4 poor wifi

Hi. We have had virgin broadband since Dec 24th and are really disappointed! We get intermittent wifi and very slow speeds. I have tried all of the tips and rebooting but nothing seems to work. Would a booster make it better or do we need to resort to powerline adapters for each room. We're paying so much money and not getting what is advertised. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1gig hub 4 poor wifi

@SH17 wrote:

Hi. We have had virgin broadband since Dec 24th and are really disappointed! We get intermittent wifi and very slow speeds. I have tried all of the tips and rebooting but nothing seems to work. Would a booster make it better or do we need to resort to powerline adapters for each room. We're paying so much money and not getting what is advertised. 

Advertised speeds are for wired devices only not Wifi.

So how are wired speeds?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ArcherH
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1gig hub 4 poor wifi

First thing I always say to people who query WiFi speeds is... is your device capable of receiving 1000mbps over WiFi. I.e is your WiFi card and/or lab card capable of accepting the speeds being delivered. 

Second thing is what’s the wired speeds like. If your getting it wired but not wireless then your issue is not with the line rather the surroundings or device. 

Adding another node (WiFi booster / power line adaptor) can be a bad move as your signal has to travel to the node then to the router ect. In my book I don’t agree with them, I believe you should only use them if you have to and if you are experiencing issues with range. 

0 Kudos