cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb router dhcp table failures

Stephen_Metcalf
Tuning in

Is this a known fault with the 1gb router?

Mine fails to align any ip addresses by dhcp, it used to be every month, its now a weekly issue.

14 REPLIES 14

Hey Stephen_Metcalf, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look at our side and everything is seems to be running as it should, the levels are very healthy.

Please can you try this in modem mode like suggested and see if this makes a difference or not? 

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

I've tried pretty much everything, luckily I didn't buy a dedicated WiFi modem as, from yesterday I have no wired network at all, only WiFi connects, and generally only main or guest WiFi at any one time  I can't remote connect to the hub using WiFi and dare not reset the hub in case I lose Internet completely. This hub is horrendous I'm currently getting 77mb WiFi on a 1gb hub. How do I get a new hub?

Good Morning @Stephen_Metcalf, thanks for coming back to us.

I've been able to run some diagnostics on your equipment and have not been able to find any faults.

No area issues appear to be present either.

Can you possibly set up a Broadband Quality Monitor and allow this to run to see if any faults are detected on the equipment?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David, I decided to completely reset the router and start again  I have Internet back on and am currently getting around 220mb on WiFi, I will try a direct wired speed test this weekend but 220mb is slower than when I was on the 500mb router which was generally 320mb.

The speed at the moment is not a major issue, its just the 1gb router seems unreliable.

Not sure I can set up the monitor as it looks like I need more equipment to do it so will see how things go.

Thanks for the reply.

Hi @Stephen_Metcalf

Thank you for your reply.

Please do let us know the results of the hard wired speed test and we can advise further from there.

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide