cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media App login problems

Regburns123
Tuning in

Getting old and stupid. I cant login to the app. my fault but cant seem to correct it.

Used to be with Virgin, then moved to Sky, and recently moved back. When trying to use the app, my pc and ipad both used my old Virgin details. This created a sort of lock. Virgin advised me i need to use a new home email address. I decided to create one with Googlemail, but somehow this clashed with my original Googlemail. I tried to invent an Outlook email address, but it was rejected.

in the meantime, i used it to try to login to the Virgin app, and that clashed.

Really, i think i need to have my app purged by Virgin, so that i can try to register it again, this time with a working email.

Is there a way forward?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Regburns123, a warm welcome to our community and thanks for posting here with your issue.

We are sorry to hear about this trouble with your email address and online account and the confusion caused while trying to register with different emails.

From what you explained it seems like the email address you had with us is still linked to your old account, for this reason we advised on registering for the new account using another email address - this can be confusing for many people which makes sense to us here.

I am happy to assist further with this issue, I will therefore send you a private message here shortly.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Regburns123, a warm welcome to our community and thanks for posting here with your issue.

We are sorry to hear about this trouble with your email address and online account and the confusion caused while trying to register with different emails.

From what you explained it seems like the email address you had with us is still linked to your old account, for this reason we advised on registering for the new account using another email address - this can be confusing for many people which makes sense to us here.

I am happy to assist further with this issue, I will therefore send you a private message here shortly.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Regburns123
Tuning in
Completely resolved my issue. He was patient and thorough. I think he was a star!