cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sign in to MyVirginMedia app

Kapica6105
Tuning in

Hi,
I recently joined Virgin mobile and created an account. When I sign in via the web (mobile.virginmedia.com), I can see and manage my pay monthly account, however when I try to sign in on MyVirginMedia app, it says incorrect username or password, even though I’m using the same credentials. I tried reseting the password, and once again it works on the web but not within the app.

I can see my usage by logging in using the SIM Card option, but there clearly seems to be a bug preventing me from Enabling all mobile features and signing in with my actual Virgin mobile account.

Phone used: iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS Version: 16.2 (Public Beta), AppVersion:22.7.87 App Store

5 REPLIES 5

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 👋 @Kapica6105,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues accessing the app but can log into your online account via the web browser. 

Please could you try deleting and re-installing the app to see if this makes any difference?

Let us know so we can offer further support if required 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha,

I have tried deleting the app and redownloading it, and same issue persists.

Thanks,

Dan

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dan,

Thanks for popping back with an update. Whilst I understand the iOS Beta is Public, our app may experience some unexpected bugs whilst our team work to provide compatibility.

Please also be aware that your My Virgin Media and My Virgin Mobile account logins are different unless you specifically set them to be exactly the same. Do you have a Media service with us as well? If so, have you previously registered for My Virgin Media? Have you ever been able to access this section of the site?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

This is also the case on an android phone I tested.

I do not have any other Virgin media account, only Virgin mobile, and I select Virgin mobile login option within the app. 

78C44541-8950-4AB9-84A4-52CE90FEC5C6.png

5978FC9E-8B68-44E6-89DD-13EC9FF7AF18.png

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kapica6105,

Thanks for confirming that. Have you been able to sign in to your My Virgin Mobile app previously? It looks like one of our Mod Team have rejected one of your images, which is most likely due to containing personal information. Can you please resend this but blur/block out any specific account details?

Can you please also try manually registering through the app, and advise if you're able to do this?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ