cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating account receiving error code: DEF01

dpnemergut
Joining in

Hi,

I've had Virgin Media for over a year and haven't needed to use my online account. However, now when I try to create an account with my account number, area reference, etc. I receive the error code DEF01. This is preventing me from accessing my bill and account information. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dpnemergut

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when setting up your online account.

We are aware some customers are experiencing this problem and we are asking that you try the following;

• Clear Cache and Cookies on the browser
  • Try a different browser/device
  • Download the My Virgin Media app on your phone and attempt to register from there

If you have attempted all of the suggestions and are still having the issues, please let us know and we will be able to assist further. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Hi Nat,

Thanks for your help. I've tried your suggestions and haven't had any luck. I've tried using Firefox and Chrome on 2 different computers and on my phone. Clearing cache and cookies didn't have any effect, nor did using a private window. I've also tried the mobile app but it uses the same registration page as the browser and I'm receiving the same error. It seems to me like a server side error, but I might be wrong.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply and trying the suggestions dpnemergut.

I am sorry this has not worked for you but please don't worry as we will be able to help. 

I am going to need to confirm a few details via private message so I will pop this over to you now and you will be able to access this via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat