cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant sign up nor sign in to My Virgin Media app

CreavenDylan
Joining in

Okay so I recently (as in few weeks ago) got new set up with Virgin Media broadband for first time. I noticed quickly that there were parental controls on the wifi, stopping me accessing many sites. I tried to sign up to the virgin media app to change this but whenever I enter my email address it states that there is already an account set up for me, but then when i try to sign in & click on " forget password", it cant find my account based on the email address. Im genuinely at a loss as to how to sign up or sign in to the app, as all i want to do is remove the parental controls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CreavenDylan, 

Thanks so much for sticking with me on this one through private message. 

I'm glad to hear things are resolved for you now. To update the password to something personal to you just click on  Account Settings > Account Details > Change password. 

If you have any further issues going forward, please come back and let me know 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CreavenDylan, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us although I am sorry to hear you're facing problems when trying to update your parental controls and gain access to your My VM account. 

Let's have a look to see if there is anything registered at this end first. Once we have established that, we can look at what we need to do to resolve this. 

In order to help further I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CreavenDylan, 

Thanks so much for sticking with me on this one through private message. 

I'm glad to hear things are resolved for you now. To update the password to something personal to you just click on  Account Settings > Account Details > Change password. 

If you have any further issues going forward, please come back and let me know 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team