cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t sign up to virgin media app- password issue

Chrisdudbridge
On our wavelength

I’ve spend over 3 hours on the phone to virgin media over the last 7 days trying to find someone who can help me set up my account with virgin. Everytime I select a password it won’t let me in. 

I’ve spoke to 3 technical support people who promise to call me back but don’t. This is my last attempt before I leave virgin after just 1 week! 

E4917B56-612C-40C2-BDF6-AF77B2110DCB.png

26 REPLIES 26

Chrisdudbridge
On our wavelength

Has this sorted the issue out? I can’t believe that virgin act surprised every time someone posts this….there has been 5 complaints of the same nature in the last 30mins!

Chrisdudbridge
On our wavelength

3. An unknown or temporary error with our website

this is absolute BS! They’ve had this problem for years! 

did you manage to sort it out?

Good Morning @Chrisdudbridge, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the difficulty you've faced when trying to register for an online account.

Can you please attempt to use a different browser, or clear the cache on the browser you're using to see if this can go through for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Dave…..this problem has been going on for years. Yesterday in a space of 1 hour you received 7 posts on this forum from people detailing the same issue.

Every time you or someone says the same thing and you get the same answer. Havent you worked out that using a different browser doesn’t work? I’ve had to raise 3 separate IT tickets but virgins backend team can’t or won’t sort it out. It’s a complete joke….why are you acting like this isn’t a common issue? 

Thanks for coming back to me @Chrisdudbridge.

As part of my role on the Forums, I need to fully understand what diagnostics have been attempted by the customer to remedy this issue prior to posting on the Forums.

Ultimately I need to try and not only find a solution for a customer, but also find the one that causes the least amount of inconvenience and therefore my questioning of the individual issue you're posting would be valid.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll see if any updates on tickets raised can be provided.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David, your post makes no sense. Why don’t you or virgin find out what the issue is then tell people what they need to do?

Everyday you are receiving messages a from people who have the same issue…..this has been going on for years. 

Thanks for coming back to me via our private messaging function @Chrisdudbridge, and I'm pleased to hear that you were able to find a solution to this issue.

Do please feel free to share with us publicly how this was resolved, as this can potentially serve other customers well when trying to run troubleshooting at their own leisure.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi guys,

For over a week I had been on the phone to technical support trying to get a resolution to my problem. This problem is common for all new virgin media customers….when trying to sign up to a virgin media account no matter what password you choose it won’t let you use it.

After hours on the phone and broken promises I managed to work it out for myself. I have offered to virgin how to get around this issue for a months free subscription but no takers yet.

if you have this password issue good luck 

Hi @Chrisdudbridge,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue.

I can see that a colleague of mine was aiming to assist you with this issue, but you've been able to resolve this before we could assist. Glad that you've been able to! We understand how frustrating this can be.

You're more than welcome to share how you resolved your issue on here. However, we'll always be happy to assist further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs