cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register for Virgin account

markyp52
Joining in

Hello,

I'm frustrated because i've been trying to register so I can manage my account via the app and web.   I've tried over and over for the last 3 weeks and I get as far as choosing a password and it says I can't use that password.   I've tried maybe 20 + passwords mixture of numbers capitals, lowercase following the password guidance and it will not accept any password.  Can anyone help because i've tried on the app, the web at different times of day and night.   I'm a new customer and not a good start. 

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey and welcome to the community @markyp52,

Thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I am sorry for the online account creation issue. Thanks for letting me know the problems that you are getting when creating your online account.

Are you using one of the following links? - https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view or https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/details

Can you confirm the password you're using meets this criteria;

8-10 characters 
Starts with a letter 
Includes at least one number 
No special characters
If so, can you try a new browser for me? This has worked for me in the past to solve this. The last thing to try if the new browser doesn't work, try clearing all cache/cookies, auto fill passwords and browsing history.

Please let me know how it goes, trying the above to register your account.
Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for your reply.

First of all, I've tried using both links and it doesn't work,

I've tried deleting my history and cookies.   I've also tried on Safari, Chrome, MS Edge - same result. I've downloaded the app and tried to register on there same result.  I've tried it on my Macbook Pro, my Microsoft Surface & my dell desk top computer at work.   Same result. 

I must have wasted at least 3 + hours trying to register over the last month.   I've tried every password under the sun (and I get a message saying my password meets requirements).  

First few attempts I typically get this at the beginning

markyp52_0-1654525473440.png

I keep trying and eventually, I get the dialogue box to choose a password which I do

Then it doesn't matter which password I choose I get this:

markyp52_1-1654525581107.png

I'm at my wits end with it now.   Should be such a simple thing to do but it just doesn't work.   it's clearly some technical problem.  

Thanks again for your response.  Any other ideas? 

Thank you for that information. 

I would like to see if there is anything further I can do to help with this. 

What I will do is private message you so I can confirm some of your details. 

^Martin