cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App stuck on infinite loop.

Ant3
On our wavelength

VM failed to reconnect after a broadband interruption since 8am was supposed to have been resolved by 15:00. I've spent over an hour unplugging and reconnecting the hub and finally through the app at approximately 16:15 it seems to have finally connected however the page is stuck in an infinite loop and not responding. Do I switch the app off?

12 REPLIES 12

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ant3,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you lost broadband connection due to an outage however I am  pleased to know you're back online now.

Can you please expand on the issue that you're having with the app/website please? What is it that you're trying to do and what page are you getting stuck on? If you have any screenshots that would be great

Thanks

Beth

Ant3
On our wavelength

Thank you for replying. I have just received a boost to my speeds but, like every other time VM have activated this, we have encountered problems.

I am using the My Virgin Media app. I've found no mention of the outages / interruption to the service that was planned for today once I accessed the app after 3pm. These were notified earlier but at 4:30pm I was still having no broadband. I followed the prompts on the app a few times to check if the service had been reconnected, this took a very long time waiting for the hub to restart after plugging / unplugging and then reset it again, unplug and restart and checking the connection. After about another half an hour I could see the wi-fi signal icon on my phone starting to respond and when I managed to connect my pc I posted here because the app has remained stuck on the page where it was checking the connection (as seen below but animated) and it's still showing the loop circling on my phone some five hours later. Also noticed my phone is still using data on the giffgaff network since early this morning.

WhatsApp Image 2022-02-28 at 7.18.24 PM.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ant3 

If you reboot your mobile it should refresg the My Virgin Media app and stop it looping.

You could also go into your mobile settings, select the app and Force Close it.

Are you in the process of transferring from Giff Gaff to a VM sim, or a full O2 Volt sim?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ant3
On our wavelength
Thanks Dave, I'll switch off everything, pc and phone and see what happens.
The stuck page was after I selected "Run a test on your kit" after trying / unsuccessfully following the previous three items:
1) check your kit - everything connected properly
2) restart your hub - restarted, unplugged Ethernet cable, plugged back in.
3) reset your hub - reset hub with a paperclip

I'm not transferring from giffgaff because VM has been so unreliable that last year I was left with no service for months so I'm often needing another connection for when VM fails like today when I couldn't access my work at all from 9 to this evening. This all leads me to believe I have made a huge mistake in signing up with VM again.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ant3, 

Thank you for updating the thread. 

I just wanted to check in and see if you have been able to perform the reboot as suggested? If so, has this helped at all?

We are sorry you feel you may have made a mistake joining us again, this is not what we would want. Although we are unable to guarantee a fault free service, we will always do all we can to get a reported fault fixed as quickly as possible. 

Thanks 

Nat

Ant3
On our wavelength

Thank you for your message. Broadband seems to work ok this morning but I'm still puzzled with the app. Every time I access it it still seems to be running the loop page in the background while other pages are displayed on top. Trying to verify all is working as it should on the app itself, when I select "My Virgin Media App" it goes to a blank page stating "couldn't find an FAQ section with matching ID"

Also I would like to know how to check my phone line is active - it still appears not to be connected.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to us Ant3. 

With the app, is this just happening on the one device? If so, can you please uninstall the app from the device and download it again. This should mean you are running the latest version. It would also be worth checking that any software updates are completed on the device. 

With the phoneline, is this a service that is showing within your package when you access your online account here?

Thanks

Nat

Ant3
On our wavelength
I am reinstalling the My Virgin Media app now after uninstalling it on my mobile phone. Now the app is on my mobile again but I cannot login.

Nothing to be found on the link you sent, it's pointing to https://store.virginmedia.com/my-virginmedia-app/ac3.html?utm_source=agentadvocacy&utm_medium=social...
where it appears I don't have a My Virgin Media app. Should I also uninstall and reinstall the same app on my PC?
It's really confusing. I have now spent about 6 hours on this yesterday and 2-3 hours today without any success.

Ant3
On our wavelength
Just to clarify, I have uninstalled the My virgin Media app from my mobile phone and restated it and reinstalled it and have managed to log in. I however cannot login to the VM community from my phone and am using my PC for this now.