cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin gave my number to someone else

Wmurray22
Joining in

So, I switched to Virgin when I started a new phone contract some months ago. They asked if I wanted to keep my number and I said yes. They then gave me a temporary new number until the switch was complete. Then I started being able to receive calls and texts from both the number they gave me and my old number I had agreed to keep. Someone now has my phone number I have had for years!!! So many texts from my partner, friends and parents go to him and it’s a huge violation! Has anyone else had this problem.. I didn’t know it could even happen having 1 number across 2 devises on separate contracts.

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Wmurray22,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear of this issue, but would you mind expanding a little further on the situation, please? Did you come from a different provide and join Virgin Mobile?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello, yes I moved from Vodafone and was offered to keep my number. I still hve the number and receive calls and texts on it.. but someone else got given that number by virgin and receives some of the texts that are meant for me.. and for example if I try to call my own number, I get through to him.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Wmurray22,

I am so sorry to hear this has happened to your number, I cannot even imagine, as this must be incredibly frustrating, I will look into this for you and see what has happened.

I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there. 

Zoie