cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Various issues due to sim card

Caitlin_LO
Tuning in

Hello,

Could someone please help resolve my multiple issues.

I spoke on the phone to someone helpful today and they told me they would send me a new sim card for next week arrival. But I have never received confirmation of this? I cannot access my account either, maybe due to a forgotten password, I am not sure, but I haven't been able to access it for months and I can't fix it because with no sim card my phone cannot receive texts.

Therefore I can't track its progress to make sure it has been ordered. I would also like to avoid my phone number being changed, do I need to activate a pac code from my phone if this new sim works although I am not changing provider?

My phone issue is the sim card appears to have stopped working it is not sure if the fault is with the sim or phone itself. If this keeps being an issue, if I could access my account,  I could use the repair service or find a new phone if the new sim will not work. 

Please help,
Caitlin

19 REPLIES 19

Hello.

Yes please could you activate the sim. My information should be backed up thanks. I have checked my email account again tonight and I have access to it now but my mobile account is still unavailable. 

Thank you for helping me,
Caitlin

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Caitli_LO 

Thank you for confirming that information, I have managed to activate the sim from here,  please could you let me know if this has resolved the issue. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hello.

Thanks for helping me by activating the sim my phone seems to be working again now thanks, however I still have an issue with my mobile account, I can't access it through my laptop as it does not recognise my password or my security answer despite both being correct, can you please try to somehow fix the account as I can't access it on computers and haven't been able to since October, the only way I can see it is through the apps now my phone is working again.

Caitlin 

We're glad to hear the SIM card is now working. 

When you're entering the security answer to reset the password can you please try entering this in all CAPS and let us know if that works?

^Martin

Hi, no that does not work.

Thanks for offering to help,
Caitlin

Thanks for coming back to us Caitlin_LO,

Can we ask when you're trying to access your online Mobile account, have you tried a different web browser and deleted all history, cookies and caches?

This can sometimes work. Please can we ask you to try this first and if this does not work, we can invite you in for a personal chat to see what is causing the issue.

Kind regards Jodi.  

Hi Jodi,

Thanks for trying to help me. No, this did not work, please can I have a personal chat with someone to try to resolve it.

Kind regards,
Caitlin

Thanks for coming back to me Caitlin_LO,

We can certainly help you with this. I will pop you over a private message to take your details, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Caitlin_LO,

Sorry about this, as it been a while since I last logged in it has asked me to send another code. The only issue is if you don't enter the code early, it will shut down the page and you have to start all again.

You can enter the code yourself though.

What I'd like you to do is use the link here.

Enter your email address and then click forgotten password. 

It will then ask you to re-enter your email address and mobile phone number.

It will automatically send you a unique code.

Once you have this code enter it and click continue.

This will then allow you to reset your Mobile account.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

So I have just tried to do that and it would not let me past the security answer, I know I am typing the correct one in but it states the answer is wrong even though it isn't. What can be done now?

Kind regards,
Caitlin