Menu
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unlimited SIM

Few months ago we got a free unlimited SIM on the 500 Oomph contract, since then I have attempted to get an Pay Monthly unlimited SIM by phoning in but offshore don't undersand what I want.

I hve tried te online 'upgade' method but that never works, does anyone know how to go about  getting a pay monthly Sim on my contract?

Cheers

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unlimited SIM

Assume you want a second SIM and contract. I'm not sure this can be done on your Virgin Media Oomph account.

You may have to take out a second account with Virgin Mobile. The two operate different and 789 know nothing about Oomph accounts which are handled by a different department (Usually 150 from a Virgin landline )

Someone with Oomph may correct me on this.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is a very convoluted sequence.

When I try to register as a new customer it tells me that my details already exist. Correct

Use my existing VM accountand get to the point it asks for the existing mobile nuber, I take this straight from the latest bill and paste into the application form which comes back "Your Virgin Mobile number is 11 digits long and starts with 07". I can confirm the number is 11 digits and starts 07.

The only thing I can think of is that the number was ported from the previous provider but it should be recognised because it is showing on the bill.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Best way forward, ring 150 from your Landline, should be answered by the UK FMC CS staff - who deal with the Oomph customers.

They should sort the new SIM/plan for you, which would also benefit from being in the Family Plan  https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/family-plans

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Got it saorted, I spoke to retentions and got satisfactory service.

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

MikeRobbo 

Thanks for messaging us. We are glad to hear that this has been resolved and please let us know if you need any assistance ^Chris. 

0 Kudos