cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register

Jen14
Joining in

Hi, when I try to register for my virgin media so I can manage.my account.online it just keeps saying password in valid and won't let.me register?

3 REPLIES 3

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Jen14 thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums 👋

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with My Virgin Media 😞
May I ask if you can try to make one on the web page, ensure all cache and cookies are cleared and possibly try "incognito mode," - you may also need to try another device.

Please send a screenshot of the error too.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I tried on the PC and on incognito mode and it still won't let me register. When I try to add the screenshot to this post it days the file is too large.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jen14,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties getting registered after trying the previous checks. I can appreciate this must be frustrating. There's a few reasons issues with registration usually happen;

1) The password you are trying to use does not meet the password requirements. Please ensure the password you are using meets the all of the following requirements:
•  Must start with a letter.

•  Be between 8-10 characters.
•  Contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter.

•  Contain at least one number.

•  No special characters.

•  No default words like 'virgin' or 'password'

2) If you are a  new customer awaiting installation - in which case the issue automatically resolves itself once your services have been fully installed and activated. (Please be aware it can take 24 hours for our systems to catch up.) Based on the information provided in your initial post I believe this option is highly likely. If you can please let us know if the issue persists tomorrow and we can send you a PM to confirm a few details and offer further support. 

3) If you are registering with an email address that has been associated with a former service account. If this is the case, we need to get the email address moved over to the correct current account. We do this by sending a PM to confirm a few account details and updating our records.

4) An unknown or temporary error with our website.

Please let us know how you get on and we'll so our best to assist. 

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs