cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt Bundle- Cancel Just O2 Side

Raident10
Dialled in

Good morning everyone I hope you’re well,

A few days ago, I upgraded to the ultimate volt bundle, as the UK team gave me a pretty good deal to renew my contact.

As I now have 2 separate contracts and accounts (one with Virgin for Broadband, TV, Landline), and one with O2 for Mobile, I was wondering if anything would happen to my virgin media contract if I cancelled my O2 Contract within 14 days?

I.e - would i be charged anything extra by virgin media? Would I lose any discounts, etc?

I am not 100% sure I’ll be cancelling O2 but the main reason would be my main mobile number is on another mobile network, as I get 50% off.

Kind regards,

Joe

144 REPLIES 144

HI#

happytre3frendz_0-1655198259864.png

So if you contract looks like this above. It does not mention anything about the o2 sim. So would my price and speed change if i were to cancel the o2 Sim card within 14 days?

Forget about the pods and engineer installation days.

Thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That bundle is Ultimate Volt.

So this bit of the terms would apply if the SIM is cancelled within the 14 days:

if you were receiving the Ultimate Volt Bundle and you have cancelled your O2 Unlimited SIM, we may move your Virgin Media services to the Bigger Sports & Movies Bundle (or the nearest equivalent bundle to Bigger Sports & Movies available at the time). If you would prefer to move to a different package, you should call Virgin Media to discuss your options.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

HI

So i dont understand, what does this bundle mean exactly? Is the price going to stay the same? Are my speeds or channels going to be affected?

What is the difference between this and the bundle i may move to?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes I'd expect you see a change to all three cable services. There is a big jump in services that are in Ultimate Volt, to all of the lower non-Volt bundles.

You can see that on these pages

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/channels/sports
https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/packages

OK its just so confusing

Some ppl just said you will lose the volt benfits which are the wifi pods and the speed boost but nothing else changes. 

Some ppl have reported no changes in the contract at all

And you are saying there will be massive change where everything changes. (channels speeds and landline)

There is just no clarity at all.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're on anything other that Ultimate Volt, the Volt benefits are a broadband increase on the cable side plus the included Pods. Cancel any/all linked O2 SIMs and you'll get a similar bundle price for TV and Phone with reduced broadband speed and no included Pods.

However Ultimate Volt is a specific bundle where you have to have everything in it to get it. Take off the O2 SIM and there is no equivalent non-Volt bundle that exists for similar cost, so to get you on a non-Volt bundle for similar pricing means changing all of the services.

Hmm ok

Also, does the o2 sim card that comes with the ultiamte VOLT bundle 5g?

Yes it has 5G in 5G-enabled areas.

If on an iPhone (that is able to do 5G), it will only use it by default if it won’t kill the battery by a significant amount, but you can force it on all the time.

5G at the moment is only on the download though - effectively, it’s an add on to 4G and you can’t have it without 4G being enabled first. 🙂

Hello @happytre3frendz thank you for reaching out.

Okay, all our sim cards are 5G compatible, however not all phones are 5G compatible.

Also 5G is not in every area, its only in certain areas. 

You can check our coverage status to see where 5G is compatible. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

sorry to hijack this thread...

Is there a way to actually extend the contract say to 3 years and keep the prices at the current levels, and paying for it upfront?