cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in

m00g
Superfast

I recently agreed to upgrade TWO phones connected to my account and have received ONE email containing the trade in code for the "Extra £100".

Is the code valid for both phones or do i require a second code to trade in the second phone and receive the extra £100 for the second device??

8 REPLIES 8

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's surely one device for one discount

You would think so but this is Virgin Media lmao

Hi m00g, 

Thanks for your post and and apologies to hear you've only received one code so far. 

Have you already sent in the both devices to the team? If so, you should get a code for each device. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Neither device has been surrendered as yet as we have not received the new handsets due to supply issues. The trade in process requires you to complete a form outlining the device, outlining its condition and then applying the promotion code to get a final valuation which would then include your "extra £100".

I am reluctant, when i receive the new devices, to send them in WITHOUT a printable projected trade in value, post details etc etc as evidence should there be an issue.

Having made the order earlier in the month for the two handsets, i did expect the email regarding your promotion but when only one arrived it raises concerns.

So in essence, i require a second trade in code as the promo I believe is part of the Samsung launch of the S22 BUT through Virgin Mobile and NOT Samsung direct. Samsung are only responsible for claiming the extra incentive of free Samsung Buds.

I have already been through this process with another mobile provider for my son, again Samsung and Mobile Provider promo, and the process is exactly the same and that went through without a hitch, i should have guessed that it would not be as simple with Virgin Mobile as nothing ever is.

Hey @m00g, me again, I seem to be getting all of your posts now. 

Unfortunately this needs to be handled by the trade in team, you would need to get in touch with them using the live chat on this link here or via a call to them on 0800 052 2105.

They will be able to get this looked into further for you. 

Thanks

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L

Now who is the lucky boy eh?? Seriously though the VM gods must be looking after me and sending you again or is it that you are being punished?? Who knows lol

I could use a favor, can you send the doggies over?? I have been on the phone now for some 30 minutes and its like wading through treacle, first advisor stated she didnt have access to resolve this and offered to put me through to sales who should be able to help. On now with sales and this advisor states she doesnt have access to resolve this and shes gone off to speak with a colleague, im hoping the colleague has access but not holding my breath.

Continued waiting for a further 15 minutes listening to nothing but static but then the advisor returns and as I go to say "hi" back to her the line goes dead. Two attempts on her behalf to call me back and as i answer each the line goes dead yet again.

And so the fun begins again..............

Hi @m00g,

Thanks for the update. I can appreciate that must be incredibly frustrating! 

Has there been any progress with them since you posted? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No none at all. And i now have a further issue a long with another issue regarding emails and managing my account.

To be quite frank, i am looking at what legal recourse I have as not only have ! suffered fourteen weeks with no access to a secondary email account (fixed only because Steven_L was so dogged about it), i cannot delete another secondary email account your wonderful company closed WITHOUT notification (hang on you did notify but to the mailbox that was closed!! DOH!!), i now find the email address I have ALWAYS used as PRIMARY to manage my online account NO LONGER LETS ME DO SO and has stranely become a secondary account.

Great work Virgin Media you have really <insert explitive here> me off!!