cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not provisioned

Podd
Joining in

Hi, I've just got a new virgin mobile account. I put the sim in about 26hours ago but the phone is still saying the sim is not provisioned.

Be greatful for some help.

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Podd, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing some difficulties getting set up with your new Mobile. 

If you can please provide us with the make and model of handset you are using this will help us offer further support. 

Where does the 'not provisioned' message appear currently? 

Have you completed the steps outlined here within: How do I activate and set up my new SIM?

All the best. 

Molly

Thanks. I have an oppo reno2 Z. CPH1951.

the provisioning message comes up intermittently in the notifications screen. In settings under carrier it says no services.

This a dual SIM phone. I have Vodafone SIM in the other slot. Turning it off makes no difference.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Podd, thank you for coming back to us! No problem, we are here to help! 

Is the handset unlocked for all networks?

Were you prompted to input a pin when you first inserted the SIM to unlock it? 
If you can please try turning off the handset, removing the second SIM, placing our SIM in slot 1 and then rebooting the handset. If the SIM then prompts you for a PIN please use the one provided on this page in the 'SIM unlock pin' section.

Let us know how you get on! 
All the best. 

Molly

@Molly_T wrote:

Hi Podd, thank you for coming back to us! No problem, we are here to help! 

Is the handset unlocked for all networks?

Were you prompted to input a pin when you first inserted the SIM to unlock it? 
If you can please try turning off the handset, removing the second SIM, placing our SIM in slot 1 and then rebooting the handset. If the SIM then prompts you for a PIN please use the one provided on this page in the 'SIM unlock pin' section.

Let us know how you get on! 
All the best. 

Thanks, taking the Vodafone SIM out fixed the problem. I thought disabling the SIM in the phone would be enough but obviously not. Thanks for the help.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Podd

Good afternoon and thank you for your response! 

Great to hear this is all fixed now, I hope you have a great weekend and do be sure to contact us if you require any further assistance!

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs