cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM

Hamster28
Joining in

I have received a replacement SIM as part of the VM network upgrade but did not swap it out within the 14 days. On the old SIM there is no network coverage and when I put new SIM in, same issue. How can I activate my new SIM if the phone can no longer access the VM network ? Thank you

20 REPLIES 20

Hi Travis, 

When I take my phone to a different area and it connects to a network, it says VIRGIN.

I wasn't sure if it would still say VIRGIN even if behind the scenes so to speak it has connected to the Vodafone network that I understand sometimes VM use.

To summarise things:

I have 2 Virgin mobiles. One for me and one for my daughter. Both have previously connected to the VIRGIN network at my home address.

My daughter's mobile is still connecting successfully to the VIRGIN network at my home address. This mobile has not had a new SIM.

My phone however, (the one you sent a new SIM for as part of your network upgrade) no longer connects to the VIRGIN network at my home address, although does connect to the VIRGIN network if I move a few miles from my home address.

I have been without mobile service at my home address for a few days now and need this to be resolved as soon as possible as I use it for work starting back tomorrow.

Can someone please help fix this?

Thanks for getting back to us Hamster28

Sorry to hear your mobile web not connecting at your home address.  Have you checked for any issues regarding the signal here?

Regards

Lee_R

This link is to a Vodafone coverage checker. I have already stated there is no Vodafone coverage at my home address. 

Sorry Hamster, do you mean no coverage ever?  Or at this time?

Regards

Lee_R

DrewTibbs
Joining in

Hi Team,

My son's Virgin Mobile phone keeps saying that it has a voicemail. When he goes to check the voicemail (from +44 7458 333222) it says that there are no voicemails, a couple of seconds later the phone crashes/restarts. I have just bought him a new phone, popped in his SIM and the problem persists so it seems that the problem may be SIM (or possibly account) related. Please would it be possible to dispatch us a new SIM so that we can see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Drew

Hi DrewTibbs,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this issue. 

Before ordering a new SIM card, can you please confirm the handset the SIM card is inside?

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your message.

I performed a factory reset on the new handset yesterday and chose not to copy over any apps and settings from the previous phone. Early days but the problem has not reoccurred yet. So, let's hold fire on dispatching a new SIM to see if the problem is resolved.

Thanks again,

Drew

taylope1
Joining in

HI,

My son has lost his phone (and sim therefore) in Spain.

Can I order a replacement SIM without killing the old - hoping the old one stays alive until cancelled, as we have an app with a geo fence that may appear if the phone is found.

Hi taylope1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear your Son has left his phone whilst abroad.

I'm afraid that we wouldn't be able to order a new SIM for you without deactivating the current one - we can't have two active SIMs under the same number at the same time.

Please do let us know if you'd still like us to order the new SIM anyway. They usually can be delivered by the next day so shouldn't take long to arrive once requested.

Let us know and I hope that the phone turns up 🙂

Beth