Menu
1991tperry
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Refund not received - even 2 months later!

Has anyone ever experienced a refund from virgin media?

virgin have accepted liability for over charging me and have agreed to refund me around £350. Initially they told me it would be in my account within a week, 7 weeks have past! I then got back in contact and received an email to state it would take 72 hours! It’s now been 5 days and still nothing!

Has anyone experienced this? How can this be resolved?

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refund not received - even 2 months later!

Hello 1991tperry

Thank you for taking the time to contact us in regards to a refund from ourselves, we appreciate this and would like to welcome you to the forums.

Refunds are issued via cheque or in some instances are applied to the Virgin Media account where they will sit on the account to cover subsequent bills up until the amount credited. The cheque refunds are usually in the case when an account has been closed with a credit balance remaining.

These can take up to 10 working days to be produced and then sent out via post. You mentioned this was in regards to over charges and not a disconnection, were you advised this would be refunded to you and not placed as a credit on the account? When did you last speak to a member of the team in relation to this?

Rob

0 Kudos
1991tperry
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

I have contacted virgin media on 6 seperate occasions over the past 2 months! Every single time I get told my refund will be in my virgin media account within 48 hours and it never arrives!

It’s completely unacceptable! It’s been almost 3 months! Virgin media have taken over £300 of my money which they have accepted was a mistake and I have to wait 3 months to get it back? No compensation for all this nothing! I understand this is not your fault personally but I have only ever had issues within virgin. The worst customer support by far r I’ve ever received.

I get promised time and time again from different customer support consultants and every time it’s a lie.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I will send you over a private message so that I can take a look into the account for you. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos