cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone stolen during delivery

Tct2002
Joining in

My son's new phone was delivered 2 days earlier than the stated delivery date. Or rather the outer box that had been crudely opened and then retyaped with common brown tape was delivered and a card from yodel was pushed through our door saying it had been delivered to a neighbour. When picking up the box from the neighbour it was apparent  immediately that it was empty due to how light it weighed. We contacted virgin mobile at once and sent photos of the outer box and the yodel card. Virgin have been "investigating" for 14 days whilst I am without the phone and paying for a new contract.

I am perplexed why it was delivered to a neighbour as your own terms stipulate it has to be signed for by an adult and delivered at the home address.

The investigation team say their investigation is ongoing, and until it is concluded I will not receive a phone. I tried to cancel the contract but was told it is outside of the 14 day limit, which again is surprising as I haven't received a phone so how can I have 14 days to return.

I have been told by citizens advice that my next step would be to make a small claims against yourself for the contract payments but surely this seems a simple matter to be resolved from yourselves.

Annoyed!

1 REPLY 1

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Tct2002,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am so sorry to see that this has happened, I can understand your frustration right now.

I will send you a private message, so I can investigate this further.

Please look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide