cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG credit refund

HenryQ
Superfast

I just came across this thread. I'm pretty sure the communication VM sent me last year said that unused credit would not be returnable. Now I am reading that we could have reclaimed it after all - but it is now too late. Our VM SIMs went in the bin when we purchased new SIMs from Tesco Mobile and the VM ones no longer work anyway. The day after the cut-off, my wife (who VM didn't actually inform at all) went to make a phone call and got, "SIM registration failed". That was the first she knew about it.

We are both very happy with Tesco Mobile, but it is extremely sharp practice of VM (not to put too fine a point on it) to have stolen customers' money like that. Why not refund it automatically? I lost £10 and my wife lost £53.

15 REPLIES 15

pjt50
Joining in

Hi HenryQ,

Are you sure it's too late?  We were told by two Virgin people that it was impossible before somebody on here helped. You're right that a communication from Virgin said that the credit had to be used up, but at the same time the website was saying that you could reclaim it.  When the story of Virgin stopping PAYG broke, it said in the press that you had up to a year to reclaim the credit.  I assume they got this info from Virgin.

I already lodged a formal complaint with Virgin before we got our money back. It might be worth considering that. If necessary it can be escalated all the way to ADR. I'm no lawyer but it seems very dubious practice to me.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi HenryQ,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community!

Apologies for the issues faced, with regards to the PAYG closure, were you able to contact our team to process a credit refund?

Let us know

Kain

No. The info from VM said we would forfeit our credit.

With some annoyance, my wife and I have already written off VM's sharp practice. An awful company indeed.

Thank you for that information HenryQ. 

To confirm, do you know if the PAYG numbers are still active or not?

^Martin

My wife's should be as now uses the Tesco one. Mine won't be as I got a PAC code and took it with me to Tesco.

Okay, I can take a look at your Wife's number if you would like with regards to any left over credit. 

Please let me know if you would like to proceed with this.

^Martin

Spoke to the wife. She is pleased you may be able to help. Could you PM me so I can send you her phone number and details?  

Hi HenryQ,

Hope it works out. Note that we managed to get a refund even though we'd already ported the number to a new provider, so I'm not sure why you shouldn't get yours back too. For me it was a matter of principle as much as anything.

Hi HenryQ,

Thank you for reaching back out, I will send you an invite into a private chat shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.