cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG credit refund

pjt50
Joining in

We've just left Virgin Mobile because the PAYG service was ending.  My partner ported her number to a new provider last week.

I read in the press that we had up to a year to reclaim the outastanding credit.  My partner has just phoned 789 & was told that, because she's already ported her number,  her credit has been lost.

Surely this can't be true.  She needed to use Virgin up until the time the number was ported so couldn't reclaim the credit before that.

Can anybody suggest how to resolve this, please?

22 REPLIES 22

Hi John,

Thanks, but can't she do this by private message?  I don't want to go back to square one again.  She's already fed up after dealing with customer services.

They can do but we don't just PM. We would need a public post first.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks, but in that case I'll do it via the Complaints process instead.

This isn't a case of Virgin doing us some massive favour. It's about paying back the money which we paid for a service that Virgin isn't providing. I don't see why we should have to jump through all these hoops to get it repaid. I'd be amazed if ADR doesn't agree if it goes that far.

Well it doesn't need to go that far does it? We've advised you what to do, get the account holder to post and we'll help. We're really not making this difficult mate, quite the reverse. Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

And you're assuming that's straightforward...?  She doesn't like IT, she doesn't have an account to post, and I'm not there to help her.  She prefers to use the phone and got absolutely nowhere with Customer Services.  It should be a simple process for anybody in this position.

All other methods of contact can be found here

You could also help her post when you're with her if it makes it easier 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

OK, John, we'll try to sort something out on here.  Hopefully it will be picked up by somebody who agrees that it can be done 🙂.

Thanks for your help.

Hello John,

This is my account being discussed.  Please let me know what info you need.  Thanks.

Hi cdm1000

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I'll send a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks for your help in getting this sorted, John.

My earlier frustration was just due to the fact that I feel this could have been resolved in the initial call to Customer Sevices 😉

Have a good w/e.