cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC

Donloc
Tuning in

I requested my PAC number 2 weeks ago and am still waiting. They keep telling me that it is being dealt with but I am worried that I will lose my number

7 REPLIES 7

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

2 weeks they are having a laugh - this from USwitch - VM are supposed to give you it within 2 hours

just text PAC to 65075 to get your PAC code. It’s this short, alphanumeric code that will enable you to transfer your existing phone number to the network you want to join.You don't even need to make a phone call.

If you'd prefer to speak to somebody, just ring Virgin Mobile on one of the numbers in step 1 and tell them you want to leave. They’ll give you a contract end date that you should make a note of. While you’re on the phone to them, you also need to ask for your PAC Code.

Regulations stipulate that all networks must provide you with your PAC Code within two hours of your request. When you’ve got the code it’s smart to make a note of it. Just to be safe.

What you really nee

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Donloc

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message to collect a few more details and investigate further.

Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Donloc
Tuning in

It is now over 3 weeks since I requested my PAC code and I have called Virgin several times to be told it’s still ongoing. Finally got to speak to a manager who told me the same thing. I was unable to request the code online as it stated there was an error. I’m now worried I’m going to lose my number. This is the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

what happened to the help from @Travis_M - again afaik it should be done in 2 hours or less complain to the regulator 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Travis M told me the same thing as everyone else. I think I’ll have to complain to the regulator. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

have flagged this in the background - no guarantee that that will help - i would certainly complain to the regulator - VM are signed up to the code of practice - hopefully they will be hit with some sort of fine - add that you want compensation for stress and time wasted

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @Donloc, thanks a lot for your post although I'm sorry to hear that this still isn't sorted for you.

I've chased this up behind the scenes for you and we'll be in touch as soon as we can with further updates.

Many thanks

Tom_W