cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oomph package to Broadband&Landline

AlexanderMTTH
Superfast

Good morning, 

I had an Oomph package with Virgin Mobile included (5GB, part of the package, etc). I ported that number to O2 but called the VMobile Team before to ask how the contract will change and what amount will be paying for my BB&Landline if I do so. I was told a price... all OK, but it's been a few days and I can't seem to remember how am I to check when this change happens. 

If any of you went through something similar, did you receive an e-mail, a new contract notice (which I assume it should be since the price is amended) and/or anything to do on your end? 

Based on my experience with the Virgin Call Centers... they can't be trusted. One lad wanted to sell me a mobile broadband contract a few weeks back, when my broadband was faulty and down, instead of activating unlimited data on my alleged Oomph contract. And when I said "no, thank you" the line upsy-daisy disconnected. So pardon my lack of absolute trust in any word I hear from a VM Call Centre. 

I would appreciate a bit of support if you went through this. Thank you and have a great day ahead. 

Thanks and regards,
Alexander
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That does seem about right especially if you're not looking to lose the number.

Once that aspect is done you'd need to contact our Media team to renegotiate a package via our contact options here as you'll currently not meet the requirements of the Oomph bundle.

I'd advise to do this as soon as you can because our team can adjust the package without the SIM however it may affect the price.

Hope this helps,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AlexanderMTTH,

Thanks for posting your query and welcome back to the community.

Just to clarify with this, did you adjust your Media package before transferring the number to O2?

Let us know,

Kain

Good morning Kain,

Thank you for the response. I did not, as the Virgin Mobile team said I need to port out the number first, in order to keep it.
As a result, I've ported the number, so I can keep it - and I was told the adjustment will happen automatically. Have you heard of this before?

Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That does seem about right especially if you're not looking to lose the number.

Once that aspect is done you'd need to contact our Media team to renegotiate a package via our contact options here as you'll currently not meet the requirements of the Oomph bundle.

I'd advise to do this as soon as you can because our team can adjust the package without the SIM however it may affect the price.

Hope this helps,

Kain

Thank you, Kain. I will call them now.
On the last call, I was told all this will be an automatic process.
Let's see if the price is close to what I've been advised.
I'll keep you posted. Thanks, A.
Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all,

Do let us know if you run into any troubles.

Many thanks,

Kain

Hello.

I've managed to speak to someone, and it seems actions have been put in place on my first call to have the contract renewed, as we've agreed. I should've given more credit to the lady I spoke to initially. This will take effect at the end of the month, so it's still in story status right now, but I have two people who confirmed it.

Thanks, Kain!
Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Brilliant stuff, I'm glad it was quick and easy for you to solve.

If you do run into any issues with this, be sure to pop back up to us and we'll investigate further.

All the best and take care,

Kain