cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM is on its way but I'm not in UK

whuang
Joining in

Hey I have the same problem as few of other posters here: a new SIM card is sending to me and I need to activate it within 14 days from the date of the email, otherwise Virgin will do this for me then my old SIM card will no longer work. Unfortunately I'm currently abroad and will be for the foreseeable future, the address you were sending to is on longer available to me, so there's no way to get the package at all, my number is extremely import to me as I need it to access my bank account and other online services while I'm abroad.

Please pop me in a private message to discuss the solution, I really need my old SIM card works as long as it can.

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi whuang, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. 

I apologise for any worry caused by the sim migration but please rest assured, we are here to help. 

I will pop you over a private message to grab a few details now and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Hi Nat

same story here.

Did not order a sim card. Virgin telling me it is on its way and i have 2 weeks to enable it.

I am currently abroad and will not be able to get or enable the new sim card during that period and i need my phone to work when abroad...

Any suggestions on solving that one welcomed,

Thanks in advance

Toni

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ToniSar, 

Welcome and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having the same issue. 

Can I please ask, when are you due to return to the UK please? 

Thanks 

Nat

HI Natalie,

I thought i replied but my message is not appearing here.

No sure how long i will be out as currently delivering some work abroad, can be weeks or months.

The main point is i did not make any new sim card order and that you are disabling the current sim card after the new one arrives... not great...

How can i keep my old sim card going until i return to the uk.

Kind regards

T

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply. 

I am afraid this is an automatic process as part of the migration. Once the SIM is deactivated, I am afraid there is no way to recover this as the new SIM will need to be used. 

Nat 

Nat

the point is that it is not yet deactivated. so... can it be kept like that?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am afraid this is not possible as this is an automatic process with the migration of the SIM. 

We could arrange the activation of the new SIM from our side but this would mean you would be unable to use your current SIM until you return to the UK. 

Nat 

Nat

Symanhew
Joining in

Hi, I have the same issue. I did not request a sim and understand it’s necessary but…Everything is attached to that number. What are the options here? 

I have this same issue. How do I have the new sim activated. Can I ask someone else to activate or can virgin do this?