cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Virgin number to O2 with Volt

jimgironde
Dialled in

I am a long term virgin customer upgrading to Volt. I currently have a Virgin SIM and will keep the same number.

The Virgin agent I spoke to on the phone, said because of the imminent switch of all Virgin mobile customers to O2 I didn’t need a PAC code. He said just put the O2 SIM in when it arrives and it will auto switch to my existing number within 24 hours.

An hour later I received a text from Virgin with a PAC number!

12 hours later I received a text from O2 saying text SWAP to 20220 to activate SIM when received.

Now received the SIM from O2 and it says put the SIM in the phone and text SWAP to 20220 and “do this from the number you will use on your phone” But when I put the SIM in it will be the temporary number not the number I wish to use???

So I have got Virgin saying it falls under a new procedure because all numbers are about to swap . They then send me a PAC number when they say I don’t need one. And O2 tell me to do something different.

As I am an elder, is anybody able to tell me which is correct method, as I am confused!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @jimgironde 

My apologies for the confusion. You mention you have upgraded to Volt, if you have agreed a new deal with an O2 SIM, then this would require you to go through the PAC code process to keep the same number. 

Customer that have a Virgin SIM and and who are not making any changes or agreeing a new O2 SIM deal with us, will be migrated to the O2 network without the need for any PAC code requests. This is the process that will happen behind the scene. 

I'm sorry for the confusion caused by the agent. I will feed this back to the team to ensure that they are aware of the difference between the two. I recommend completing the PAC code process so that you can retain your number on your new O2 SIM. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jimgironde,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having switching your number over to O2.

You would need to use the PAC to transfer over to O2, its true that we are migrating customers over to O2 but this is being done in stages. If you put the O2 sim card in without using the pac it will be the new O2 number, until you use the pac to transfer your existing number over to us.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for that Steven.

But the reason I am querying is because the agent I spoke to said the transfer of the existing numbers from Virgin to O2 would be done "behind the scenes" so as not to inconvenience customers. He said he tagged me in there.

Do I just go with my gut feel which is as you state?

Hi @jimgironde 

My apologies for the confusion. You mention you have upgraded to Volt, if you have agreed a new deal with an O2 SIM, then this would require you to go through the PAC code process to keep the same number. 

Customer that have a Virgin SIM and and who are not making any changes or agreeing a new O2 SIM deal with us, will be migrated to the O2 network without the need for any PAC code requests. This is the process that will happen behind the scene. 

I'm sorry for the confusion caused by the agent. I will feed this back to the team to ensure that they are aware of the difference between the two. I recommend completing the PAC code process so that you can retain your number on your new O2 SIM. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley