Menu
daveb8
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Virgin

Anyone had problems trying to cancel a Virgin mobile ?

April 2020, cancelled Virgin mobile who had just increased the monthly bill, cancelled online or so I thought, six months later they still want paying, and state you cannot cancel online?

I have been trying for three days just to cancel, I had to pay it off first, then after that failed the security question? so he couldn't cancel it, but managed to take the payment first I might add! he rang me back two days later still I could not get through the security, for something that was maybe completed two years ago?  Had to ring back again failed that now, he states I have to be sent a letter with a code on, I asked for it to be e-mailed immediately, but they could not do that, WHY?   I am just concerned that they will rack up more money by delaying the cancellation, by the system they run at Virgin anyone else had the same problems just to cancel a mobile contract?

What a waste of time the whole thing has been, just for a simple matter of cancelling the service or pressing a button!!!

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Virgin

Good Afternoon daveb8,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see we've not been able to get to this sooner, and that you've had issues struggling to cancel the contract

Has this been resolved or is this still on going? Can you confirm that you're seeking to cancel a tariff contract or a handset contract?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
daveb8
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am still trying to cancel a SIM only deal, Kevin ? who I spoke to last week states that he has to send out a code by post, which I am still waiting for I told him to e-mail me directly as this would be quicker, but he states he could not do that, what I don't want is to have to pay again for a service I thought I cancelled in April 2020, and have had to pay £108.00 already since last week. I am still waiting for this code????

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us daveb8,

Can we ask what code is being sent out to you in the post? Have you managed to get your account cancelled now? We normally as for a 30 day notice period, have our mobile team put this in place for you?

Please let us know so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos