cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order an eSIM?

DanontheCoast
Joining in

Good Evening to One & All,

May I ask you informed lot how I go about ordering an eSIM for the new sim only plan I took out with Virgin Media today? 
I have searched online, tried the WhatsApp service (should be good, but it’s not) and alas, no online request form I can find. 

any help, gratefully received! 

86 REPLIES 86

Virgin staff: are you actually reading these messages? Half the staff on this forum say eSims are available at purchase, half say they’re not available at all. Jeffcole explained how he got one last week. At least get your stories straight!

Hey Claireofearth, thank you for reaching out right now we have stopped doing E-Sims.

However if you really wanted one you can speak to the telesales guys on 0345 600 0789 and they can look at getting you one.

However we can't promise they will do it but they will try there best for you. Thanks  

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I am just setting up a new iphone 14 plus. I cannot use the phone as I havent got an e sim. How do I get one or am i going to be unable to use the phone?

Hi erewashboy,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, so I can help I will invite you into a private chat, once you receive the invite click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

I'm also in the same bad situation. I'm also an existing plastic state sim user.  I have a USA purchased iPhone 14 (no sim slot available) that requires an nonexistent Virgin eSim conversion process. 😞 I've just purchased a Lebara esim but was hoping to maybe use both, one for international calls and the other the everyday. If not, I'll just drop the Virgin account. Shame you can't just do the convertion using the account on the website.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dbraben,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your SIM card and need an E-SIM to use your new mobile phone.

I'll be more than happy to help. I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. 

I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you. 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

So, it's been about a month since a post making it clear VM didn't know if it did eSIMs or not.

I'm hoping that now the dust is settling post Xmas there might be some clarity.

I have a phone and now a Samsung FTE smartwatch.

Can I actually now get an eSIM somehow? do I need to call retentions/new customer team/old customer team/not clueless team/Sales/Customer Services/random department/Richard Branson to get one or am I leaving?

Ta,

I would like to know too! The VM reps seem to be sending private messages to people - does that mean eSims are now available?

Hi Thracian, 

Thanks for using the forums to get an E-SIM requested, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you via a PM which I'll send over now.

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Claireofearth, 

Thanks for also Posting about an E-SIM, you've got a PM incoming to you too 🙂 

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L