cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please!! - cancelling Sim Contract

Maria17
Joining in

Hi! 

I cancelled my sim contract with Virgin media yet they took money out of my bank this morning. I cancelled within the 14 day period. Can someone please message me and help me with this.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Maria17,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you have been charged after cancelling your mobile contract with us.

Can I check that you also cancelled the direct debit for this SIM? If the SIM has definitely been deactivated and any handsets have been returned, the only thing which would cause a payment to be taken is because the direct debit has been set.

What date did you order the services from us and what date did you cancel please?

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Maria17
Joining in

I can’t reply to you @Beth_G . Can you please  message me to help me  

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Maria, sorry to hear about this situation. If the payment was taken via Direct Debit then you can claim the payment back via an indemnity claim your bank which will take less than 24 hours.

Alternatively we can arrange a refund for you instead however that can take up to 5 working days. It's probably best we check that the cancellation has gone ahead as expected so you don't encounter any more problems, I'll contact you via PM so we can help further - please look out for the purple envelope and we'll take it from there.

Tom