cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family plan reduction when taking Ultimate Volt package

MrSlug
Joining in

As my ultimate Oomph contract was ending shortly, I 'upgraded' to ultimate Volt. I was told that this would require getting a new O2 sim instead of the current virgin sim but since they are the same thing, almost, what's the difference.

First virgin mobile bill comes in and I find one difference! The O2 sim is now not considered part of the family plan package and so one of the discounts for the family package has been removed. This may be correct but it definitely was not communicated to me. The price had already gone up but I figured the 1G broadband would justify some of that but then another £2 a month on top (OK so it is small compared to the total cost but it was not pointed out).

Can anyone confirm if this is to be expected?

3 REPLIES 3

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It is correct that an O2 SIM doesn't count towards any Virgin Mobile Family plan SIM count.

O2 and Virgin Mobile are separate mobile services.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

So that confirms that this is a hidden £2 surcharge for existing customers.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MrSlug.

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your Volt package and with your current experience.

However, in order to benefit from the Volt package you would need an O2 SIM card. If you have removed a Virgin Media SIM card from your Family Plan bundle, then any associated discounts would also be removed.

Apologies if this was not explained to you originally while you were on the call. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs