cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Virgin stating they are still waiting for my old trade up device

gunner81uk
On our wavelength

I've just received a email from virgin stating that they are still waiting for my old device I traded up with the threat of having to continue making my payments on my old freestyle contract until they receive it.

I have proof of postage and Royal Mail tracking shows it was delivered 2 days after posting.  This whole process of upgrading to a new phone has been a terrible experience.  Where do I stand legally on this if Royal Mail say they have delivered it and Likewize say they have not received it?

11 REPLIES 11

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @gunner81uk

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our Community Forums! 

I am so sorry to hear you are facing this issues! I'd be more than happy to take a closer look for you! 

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can look into this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.

thanks for trying to help Ash

I contacted the sales team as advised and basically they just passed it on to Likewize asking me to contact them, so looks like Virgin are washing their hand of it!!!

I'm so sorry to hear this! Can I ask who they passed this on to sorry? Did they explain why they couldn't assist?

Ash 

As I said above they told be to contact Likewize direct which I did and it was eventually sorted, they never explained why they couldn't deal with it,  thanks.  

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gunner81uk

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm glad to hear that the issue regarding sending back your phone has now been sorted via Likewize, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

sgilkes8
Joining in

Did you get this sorted? I sent my phone in which they received on the 10th August, then I got an email to say that they haven’t received it yet. I checked my tracking and it had been received.

how did you get it sorted? As there’s not much I can do till Monday morning

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've faced when trying to trade up your handset.

On what date did the E-Mail arrive to you?

This may simply be a case of the E-Mail arriving to you after this has been received.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I received the email at 12:15am this morning.

I’m not sure if I put my unique number in the package that I was told too. So I don’t know how they’ll know it’s from me. I’ve emailed them my proof of postage and the IMEI number of the phone and make and model.

Hi sgilkes8,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the further information, as you only sent the phone in on Wednesday 10th August it can take a little while to reach us, Please allow 2-3 working days for Royal Mail to deliver your device to us. We’ll send a text to you the day we receive it. In some cases delivery can take longer, so if you don’t hear from us within 5 working days of sending, you should contact Royal Mail on 0845 774 0740, you can find out more around trading your phone in here

Regards

Paul.