cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-SIM

Furzzul
On our wavelength

I have a sim only Virgin account which I use for work ( it is not a business account). I also have a PAYG Vodafone sim which I use as a personal phone. I am thinking  of converting the Virgin sim to an e-SIM so I only have to carry one phone (iPhone 12 pro). Can any one tell me if they have converted to an e-SIM and if you have had any problems? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Furzzul

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to E-Sim's.

You can find all of the information regarding E-SIM's here and a list of compatible handsets here. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to post here.

Rob

Furzzul
On our wavelength

Well, just to let people know I have swapped to an E-SIM and it was pretty painless.  Could someone let me know, if I keep the email that came with the QR code on, if I have to reset my phone for any reason can I use the same QR or do I need to get another. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Once you swap to eSIM, your QR code is also in the online account, so if you do lose the mail, you will have the QR code there always if you get a new device.

However if you do lose your phone or it's stolen, then it's best to contact Virgin so they can replace the eSIM which will stop the existing one working in the device that's been lost/stolen, and for that you'd get a new QR code email and updated code in your online account.

You can always go back to a physical SIM if you need it after losing a eSIM device.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Hi Furzzul,

Yes, you can use the same. But also some spot on advice from BenMcr

Cheers,

Corey C