Menu
helpplease1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Debt collectors

I have been charged for Virgin Mobile in error since February 2019.  I have repeatedly contacted virgin mobile to correct this and reclaim my money, without success - I cannot get past the security questions as I never signed up for Virgin Mobile, and so never received my account details!  I only was made aware of a Virgin Mobile number under my name in a letter from November 2020 informing me of the contract renewal.  I immediately contacted Virgin yet again to resolve this once and for all.  This was never resolved - I was not contacted by virgin again.  I then contacted my bank to claim a fraud case, to reclaim my money.  This was successful. 

However, I am now being contacted by BPO debt collectors on behalf of Virgin Mobile, for the payments I reclaimed via my bank. I've put in a formal complaint to VM, and I've contacted them and been given a fraud department reference, but they never get back in touch. 

Any advice gratefully received!  

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Debt collectors

Good morning @helpplease1234 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with this. 

As this has now been passed on to a debt collection agency there wouldn't be anything we are able to do from here.  You would need to speak with the agency once again so they are able to advise us of this. 

I can r

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
helpplease1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.
The case is now on hold with the debt collection as this is being contested.

However, the bigger problem I'm having is with Virgin customer service - they frequently hang up when I call them, and they never respond when I request a callback. If I can't talk to anyone, I can't get this mess cleared up! If you have any advice on how to get them to talk to me, I would be very grateful.
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

No one would be able to advise on the status of where things are up to as the debt collection agency would need to get in contact with us regarding the situation. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos