cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of name on account

anetto
Joining in

So I need to change the name on my account, as I'm divorced and have now gone back to using my birth name. I've been sent a form to complete to do this, but it asks me to send documentation - "marriage certificate, your civil partnership certificate; or your Deed poll documentation". None of these apply to me. You don't need a deed poll to revert back to the surname on your birth certificate. I've already changed my passport back to my "new" name, but I can't send that. So the question is what do I need to send and how please? 

5 REPLIES 5

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @anetto

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Do you not have any documentation regarding the name change back to the former?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Legally no extra documentation is required to use your "maiden name" again. It's still on my birth certificate and still belongs to me. So it's a bit frustrating that the form I've been sent asks for a deed poll or marriage certificate. It's like Virgin have never heard of divorce before!

Thank you for that information anetto. Have you changed any documentation back to your maiden name? I.e driving license, passport, etc

^Martin 

Yes Martin I have, I'm sending a copy of my passport with my birth name and hoping for the best!

Thank you for that. That should be enough for the team to make the change. 

^Martin