cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i pause data on childs phone ?

james_1robinson
Tuning in
  • Does anybody know if I can pause data usage on my childs phone from my virgin mobile account ? He's 16 so family link doesn't really work for him and if removing the phone completely he finds it again. His mum is at her witts end. His account is managed via my account and I want to help but have no idea what to do or if its even possible. Tia 
7 REPLIES 7

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi james_1robinson,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Just for clarification, is it just the data you'd like to be paused and if so for how long?

Thanks, 

Kain

• Hi, thanks for your reply. 

It's just his data that I want to be able to switch on and off as required. He lives with his mum but I provide his phone contract. 16year old seem to know all the work around whilst I'm clueless. 

I have the virgin mobile app where I can monitor his usage but I can't set limits or anything so was hoping to "freeze" his data access 

Not sure if this is at all possible 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

You should be able to adjust any parental control settings via your online account, we can deactivate the data however that would mean the number wouldn't be able to have any until switched back.

Thanks,

Kain

Hi, 

Is deactivating the data something virgin has to do , or is that able to be managed from parental settings? Ive looked through the settings options and can limit adult content etc but without actually being able to access his handset I'm coming up with limited options . 

Tia

Hi @james_1robinson,

We can disable mobile data from our side, but every time you'd like for it to be enabled again you would need to make contact with us to re-enable it. You can find more information about data allowances here.

Alternatively we offer spending caps which basically limits the amount of additional usage outside of a package allowance so you've got more confidence on how much you're spending if that's the concern here. You can find more information on spending caps here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for your help guys, we have requested virgin disable data usage temporarily until we can actually access the handset. We will then be putting a parent monitoring app on the device which we can access remotely and will have the data switched back on.   Thanks again 

Hi @james_1robinson,

No problem at all, we're happy to help. Thank you for the update on the situation too.

If there's anything more that we can help you out with, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!