cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to cancel contract

xenomatt
Joining in

Hi - I'm struggling to cancel my contract. I have a letter from Virgin saying I can cancel without penalty provided I do it before 7 April. I called the cancellation number and they tell me I have no such letter and will have to pay a cancellation charge if I want to leave. They suggested I use the chat function in my account where I could send a picture of my letter. The chat function doesn't work though.

Does anyone have any ideas? I know snail mail is a possibility, but I foresee them being as helpful as the phone team, just much much slower! If anyone on here is at virgin and able to assist, I'd be really grateful. 

thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Keenzo
Up to speed

Dial 150 from your home phone line, options 1,1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving.

call between 8-9 am and you should get straight through to the uk call center and they should help

Good Luck

Thank you. Unfortunately I tried that and they wouldn't help - slightly weird stand off about whether or not I had a right to cancel (for whatever reason my account doesn't seem to show the letter from Virgin about the price rise / right to cancel - I'm holding the letter now). I might try it again and hope a different agent gets a different result. I'm also trying to sort via whatsapp, where I've at least the advantage of being able to send a photo of the letter!

It's almost like Virgin doesn't want to let customers leave...

xenomatt
Joining in

If anyone is interested, I got it sorted through whatsapp (and another couple of calls off the back of it). If it helps anyone in future, the whatsapp number is 07305327112.

thanks

You need to be firm and persistent with these jokers, the company organisation is far too fragmented and nobody knows what they are supposed to be doing. Keep trying and you'll succeed, I managed to escape their chaos eventually.

Hi xenomatt, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you were having an issue giving your notice when speaking to an agent over the phone but we are glad that you've ultimately been able to get this sorted. 

We are sorry to hear you are leaving and rest assured, we do take on board all feedback given in the posts we receive so we'll be sure to pass this on the relevant teams. 

If you have any further queries or questions, you know where we are. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs