Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

speak to management

Hi everyone,

Im looking for some help on how I can go about speaking to a manager at Virgin media??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: speak to management

You should be so lucky.  VM's management hide away, and let their overworked first line staff deal with all customer contact and complaints.  You might get a contact centre team leader if you were really lucky, but a senior VM manager with some authority?  I doubt that.

Unfortunately, VM is a bureaucracy that is the envy of bureaucrats the world over, and everything has to be done through the company's poor quality and often broken processes and systems, so (on the assumption that you don't want to speak to a manager to tell them what an astoundingly great job VM is doing), you're better off accepting that you need to search VM Complaints Code of Practice, initiate a complaint - and I always suggest doing so in writing, and requesting them to respond in writing.  This won't be quick, your issue goes into a department that clearly struggles with high volumes of complaints.  VM have eight weeks to resolve your complaint, if they haven't done so then at the end of that time you can escalate to the industry arbitration service CISAS, which will take a further few weeks (I did say this wasn't quick).  But if it gets as far as CISAS, then VM either concede the case, or it is found against them anyway in the vast majority of complaints - VM's position is only upheld in about 1-2% of all cases according to CISAS data. 

CISAS have the power to award compensation, to release customers from time-limited contracts, and to direct VM to take any reasonable actions to resolve complaints, eg to honour an agreed contract price that VM seem to have "forgotten".  The one thing they can't do is force VM to make investments if the company believes there's no commercial case, so if for example you were complaining about poor performance from an over-subscribed local network, CISAS can't force VM to make upgrades to increase capacity.  

Then again, maybe you did want to tell VM what a fab job they're doing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They should be so lucky.

I've been with vm from as far back to when it was NTL around 15 years give or take a few years. The past few years they have never been so unhelpful and unable to grasp the point you are highlighting. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

a good summary above

my 2 penneth is - accept them for what they are - when it works the service they provide is good - we all know the price and if that works for you/me then [again] accept it - dont get wound up that new customers get better deals than those who have been with then donkeys years - in truth thats not VM who are driving that just the industry watchdogs who want to prove competition works

as i say/think - the service is generally good - the CS is awful - people learn that quickly if there is a problem

if that does not work for you move on - not sure any of the others are much better 

Tony
0 Kudos