Re: refer a friend problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back in touch with that information - this is not the usual way that the RAF credit is actioned; this is more than likely the reason as to why it has not been added; I can only apologise. 

I have located the account - we'll need to go through some security so we can chat further. I'll pop you a Private Message and we can go from there; please look out for a purple envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @RGC1

Thanks for your private messages - hope that you got my last reply and are happy with the resolution; please do not hesitate to get back in touch if we can help with anything else. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to Megan_L, Gareth_L and Katie_WT for help me and  solve my problem. I already have my credit in my account. A pleasure the speed and the solution to my problem. A greeting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Glad that we were able to help you out @RGC1

You know where we are if you need anything further. 

Katie - Forum Team

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The refer a friend scam (lets call it what is is) is beyond a joke...

The refer a friend and we'll make you jump through a minimum 100 hoops to get any money from us at all scam.

I had to request the recording of the call that I made when initially signing up and provided the referral code over the phone, to prove that I had been referred. I had to wait for that request to come through in a secretly guarded zip file, then call again to say I have the recording to be told i would be called back in 72 hours (a call that obviously never came) to only ring again today to be asked to play the recording I was sent over the phone as proof. Like you couldn't make this up. 

Then it turns out we advertise it as 'cash' but we actually just mean credit on your account and all call handlers will rudely and aggressively deny all knowledge of anything Aklamio offer. Until you make them read (over the phone) the same passage as you, from the refer a friend website which says 'pocket £50 cash': https://virginmedia.aklamio.com/

"Aklamio will contact you when the rewards have been confirmed, and both of you can have it paid into either your bank account or PayPal account at any time from your referral accounts."

Call handler: No you are wrong sir we don't pay cash, ever! In all my years at Virgin media they have never paid cash! Please ring Aklamio, who then say please ring Virgin!!!!!

Once agreed that he was reading the same as me... "ok i can send you a check but that will be 45 days, where as the credit can be on your account in 2 days"??

Even though I was told I would have the money in time for the first bill which was a double bill, but I was assured the £50 would help cover this. Nuts!!!

Like do you companies work together or what? Why use a third party for the referral in the first place if its just going to be credit. 

HEADACHE!!!

Also customer service on every call after waiting 20-30 minutes to get through is actually appalling! Wish I hadn't signed up, won't be referring anyone! Joke!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Katie, I'm have trouble with refer a friend, I was told to text to refer my sister and her husband, but nothing happened we have both called virgin and been told it is on the account but to call alkamio, I did this and they say because it wasn't done by setting up an email with them them i need to speak with virgin and just have them credit my account and hers via our virgin account number. can you help please

thanks 

K

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi kiya,

I'm sorry to hear you're also having some trouble with our refer-a-friend scheme.

Can you please confirm who advised you to refer your Sister and her husband via text? Also, what number were you advised to text please?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos