Menu
gixerk3
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

price increases

So , yet another monthly increase ...now up to 51 pounds a month ! Our internet is constantly playing up , rebooting it everyday etc ....so go onto a price comparison website and low and behold the same package near enough is on an 18 month contract with an amazon voucher for 24 per month !!! Totally unacceptable...phone to complain , cut off and always busy ! Simply ridiculous customer service ...this needs to be addressed ASAP !!

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: price increases

OK, let's deal with the two parts here.

1. Dodgy connection.  Could be a number of things, but to get started, how about you connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as text, not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.  Then setup a BQM over at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality that'll show what's going on with your VM connection.  Post a link to a live, shared graph here and we'll see what's happening.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can do that immediately.

2. Poor value.  Basically, you have three choices: (a) Tolerate it and grumble, (b) phone up, challenging though that is and play the game, or (c) cancel and get a deal with another ISP.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks